Chapter 8: Decisions, Decisions

"Peeta." I say worriedly. "How are we going to be able to keep doing this?"

"I don't know." He says as he looks towards the lake before he gazes back at me.

"I love you Peeta. I want to be with you." I state and step closer to him.

"I do too. You don't know how much I want to be with you out in the public eye."

"But we can't Peeta. You know that clearly. If we're caught, who knows what will happen." I sigh and my hand stretches to hold his. "Do you know what will happen if we are caught?"

"No. We'll probably be forced away from each other but I do know one thing." Peeta starts and I look up from our entwined hands.
"That, however we get through this. I'm willing to fight. I'm willing to find a way to end this rivalry once and for all. I'm willing to risk punishments just for seeing you. No one can separate us. No one. Nothing is going to stop us. I'm willing to fight, so we can be together. So I can hold your hand, hug you and kiss you." I blush when he mentions kissing.
"Because Katniss, this love we possess right now, was meant to be." I smile widely before replying.

"I feel the same way. I'm also willing to fight do I can see you. I don't want to be with anyone else, I want to be with you only." Peeta strokes my cheek as a smile stretches across his soft face.

"I want you only to be with me. You're so beautiful and sweet. I've never found anyone as perfect as you." I let a single tear run down the side of my face. "But you're not allowed to cry ever!" I chuckle at his comment.

His lips slowly connect to mine after a few seconds of silence. As by instinct, my eyes close. My hands leave his to rest on the back on his neck and I deepen the kiss. Peeta's hands find themselves in my hair. We keep going, like the world was ending.

"I...love...you." I murmur in between the short kisses we share shortly after. Peeta breaks away and leans his forehead against mine.

"I love you more." He comments after regaining his breath.

"Not possible." I say with a smirk but it quickly fades. "Thank you Peeta."

"For what?" He asks, confused.

"For asking me for a dance. I wouldn't have found my true love otherwise."

"Thank you for accepting it, I wouldn't be here with you if you didn't." He comments before his lips connect to my neck.

I quietly moan with pleasure and Peeta chuckles. His hands then go to rest on my hips. I place my hands over his warm ones. I smile at the gesture and I feel his lips does as well, against my neck.

"Katniss?" He starts, moving his head so he can look into my eyes.

"Yeah?" I simply ask.

"We haven't made it official yet so.... Will you be my girlfriend?" He says and looks away, slightly embarrassed.

"Peeta." I say tilting his head towards me again. I quickly peck his lips before hugging him and placing my head on his chest. I smile and answer to his question.

"Yes."