Chapter 28: Still

Should I just commit suicide now?

No one probably is trying to get me out. No one hasn't come to give me food or water since last night.  Is mother trying to  make me starve?

I still lie here, same position. Clutching my necklace from Peeta in my fist. Begging for him to be okay or for someone to let me out.

The shaking. The uncontrollable shaking won't stop. It's like a delayed reaction from a taser, but one that was never set off on my body.

I don't feel the urge to talk. All I'll be talking to is myself and air. No one could hear me or would just ignore me if I tried.

I wipe my probably bright red face for the thousandth time. My cheeks still wet, from the neverending tear supply. I sniff again as I try to compose myself. But how can I when I'm like this?

I'm going have to get used to this darkness. What a nice way to see the world before I die. I turn my head towards the door slowly.

I reluctantly push myself to sit up, pain making itself known on my waist. I grit my teeth and place a hand over where the bruise will be forming.

I place myself on my feet and stare at the door. Knowing this will be the first attempt out of many. I slowly place my foot in front of the other, each step full of pain.

Either it was unlocked while I was out or it is still the same way my mother left it.

In a matter of minutes, right in front of me is the door. I place both my hands against it and take a deep breath, perparing for whatever the outcome is.

My left hand slides down to the knob and takes hold of it. I close my eyes and twist the door knob. I push open the door but it only budges a centimetre before going back into place. I lean my forehead against the door and tears begin flowing again.

I angrily turn away from the door and try to make out what is around me.  I walk to the closest corner in this room, without tripping over anything this time round.

I slide down the wall and hug my legs to my chest, resting my head on my knees where I quietly sob.

Begging silently for a way out.

Remeber Q&A week is now up and running! Private message or email me questions!