Chapter 7: The Jump

A smile can't leave my face. I stare up at the starry night as the breeze rolls over my lying body. 

It might not be comfortable on this marble seat on my balcony but I have no reason for that to be on my mind.

My hand holding my phone dangles off the edge of the seat. I just wait, wait and wait. I take in all of the details of the night. How the sky is not a jet black but a dark midnight blue. Some of the stars appearing brighter than others against this dark blue.

The world stays silent. The silence keeps continuing. My back tells me it's had enough of the marble seat so I decide to sit up. I sigh as I feel i have waited for so long and it hasn't happened yet.

The silence is interrupted by the one voice. "Pst." My head snaps to the right in search of the source. I stand up and slowly walk to the edge.

I palce my hands against the railing and lean over slightly. I make my eyes travel downwards and are met by the person I've been waiting for. 

"Peeta?" I ask, making sure it was him.

"Yeah. It's me." When I get the reply I wanted, I  smile widely. "Am I going to be waiting her for ages am I?" He jokes and I turn my head back towards my room.

'I can't go down. My parents are still up." I whisper loudly.

"Jump then." He suggest.  My eyes grow wide and the though of jumping.

"Have you goen mental? That's crazy!" I state.

"Well, how are you going to be standing next to me?" I stay silent for a few seconds, thinking if I should.

I sigh and sit on the railing. My grasp becomes so tight on the railing that my hands will be turning white. I palce the ends of my feet on the small amount marble sticking out.

"You ready?" I ask and I see him nod, holding his arms out.

"Jump." I take a deep breath. I close my eyes and let my hands slips out of the tight grasp. I lean forward and feel myself startig to fall.

I internally scream and feel the rush of air hitting my back. I gasp when I land into strong arms. I quickly grasp onto Peeta's shirt and open my eyes.

"Pretty quiet for someone falling from a balcony." Peeta jokes and I chuckle. 

"I was mentally screaming." I answer and look into his kind blue eyes. 

My eyes trail down to his lips and my hand goes to his neck. I pull down his neck and we share our first passionate kiss.

I close my eyes once again. Peeta stands me up and my arms go around his neck. Peeta deepens our kiss the second after we break and his his arms wrap around my waist. I pull apart from his lips and look away embarassed.

The silence linger, but I realise we better move before someone notices.

"Let's go." Peeta suggests and we run off, hand in hand, towards my palce which my become ours.