Chapter 27: Lock

I don't know how long the darkness surrounds me, in my unconsciousness.

But I cry. Cry for my life. Pleading for Peeta to be okay. Because, I wild be terrified if something happened to him because of the newspaper cover. I would never forgive myself.

My body regains its touch ever so slowly, my skin meeting carpet. Shooting burns up my legs. What's happening? I begin seeing light against my eyelids and they open. The hallway in front of me slowly becomes longer.

I'm being dragged.

I start squirming and try to pry away the arm locked around my waist. "STOP IT! OR I WILL DO SOMETHING WORSE THAT I HAVE ALREADY PLANNED." I hear my mother exclaim loudly in my ear.

I stop and tense up. Worse than planned. I grit my teeth tears begin springing from my eyes.

This is the end.

The world stops moving away and the burning sensation stops. My mothers arm leaves my waist and both my arms and head meet the floor. I don't do anything physically but stare at the carpet.

I try to decide f I should crawl away and escape to Peeta, but I don't want to fall to the mercy of my mothers violence.

So I stay put.

I hear my mother unlock a door and I stiffen up. Mother picks me up. Throws me. Kicks me. Pushes me into the centre of a nearly pitch black room.

I lie there for a few seconds. My head shoots up when I hear footsteps. I see mother heading towards the door. I climb to a standing, yet now being so beaten up. Inrush towards my mother exiting the room.

"No!" I exclaim as my mother exits through the door frame. She slams the door shut and I bash into it with force.

"NO! PLEASE NO MOTHER!" I repeatedly exclaim my rejection to this situation. I hear the key hole getting locked by the key and I try to move the door knob to open the door.

"YOU FOOL! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW FURIOUS I AM WITH YOU! I SERIOUSLY WANT TO GET RID OF YOU!" My mother shouts behind the door before walking off.

Leaving me in a locked dark room.

"PLEASE MOTHER! LET ME OUT. LET ME OUT!" I burst into sobs and bash my fists against the door.

"Please." I quietly plead and do one last bash on the door. I slowly back away from the door, knowing she isn't to unlock it.

I fall backwards and my back hits the ground with big impact as I trip over some unknown object.

I curl into a fetal position and cry.

I grab my necklace, surprisingly still around my neck. I manage to detach it from my neck.

I slip off the engagement ring and place it where it should be. I grasp the key charm tightly in my hand and close my eyes.

My crying leads myself back into unconsciousness.

This is the end.

Peeta and I are done.

I'm never seeing him again.

And probably not even daylight.