Chapter 30: Touch

LAST CHAPTER!! Listen to Last Night On Earth by Delta Goodrem while reading!

My arms still cover my body even after the voice erupts in my ears. I can't choose whether or not to look at them. Either I'll be relieved or scared for my life. I start shaking and let out a plead one again.

"Please don't." I stutter out, thinking it is my mother. But if it was, she would have unlocked the door. Not making an entrance like that. It could be Poppy or one other person. But I can't be so sure.

Hands make contact with my wrists and move my arms away from my head. I squeeze my eyes close, tighter then they were before. Slowly yet quickly I feel the person lean forward, their face become closer to mine.

I turn my head away, more towards the wall. I whimper when I feel it's breath exhale on my neck.

"Why would I hurt you?" The voice tingles through my body and it's nose brushes my temple. My eyes open slowly at the unresisting touch and I turn my head to face the figure. Their head moves back to look into my eyes.

'Peeta?" I question and he smiles.

"Yes." he replies and I attack him with a hug. I kiss him and put every ounce of my love into it. I grasp onto his arms and he falls to his knees, to balance himself more. Tears start running down my face for the third time in probably the last hour. I press my body as close to him as I can.

I brush my hands against his cheeks but the kiss is broken as he flinches and turns his head away. I see pain fill his eyes even though he won't show me physically.

"What did they do?" I ask and entwine our fingers together.

"Slap to the cheeks." He mumbles yet I caught it. My tears run faster and I nuzzle my head into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I state and wrap my arms arond his waist. His encircle my body but he doesn't verbally reply. "I'm not leaving you alone again."

"But Katniss, you know what's going to happen now. We'll be under heavy guard." Peeta retorts and he let's out a whimper at the reality of it all.

I tilt my head up to touch his nose with mine. I raise my head up even more so my lips can meet is nose, leaving a slight peck. I hope this will calm him yet I'm so distraught inside.

Peeta places my jaw in his hand and we share another passionate kiss. A thought springs in my mind. Should I tell him? It's so risky yet really one of our only options we have left. Peeta's lips leave mine and he peppers small kisses over my face instead.

"Peeta." I start and I choose to look him dead in the eyes. The only way I could focus.

"Mhm." He mumbles and stops kissing my face. He moves back so he can look into my eyes as well. It's dead quiet, yet I need it.

"'Peeta." I say again, lost the how I'm going to say it.

"Yeah?" He asks me again and leans his forehead against mine.

Looking him dead in the eyes I speak.

"I think we should run."