Lily Helps Harry

Walking downstairs to see her Dad, Lily did what Ella said and offered to make her Dad some lunch, along with Darcy.

“Hi Dad.” Lily said with a smile, hoping her smile would cheer her Dad up.

“Hey Lil! Can you do me a favor and  hold your sister for me while I get my jacket off?”

“Oh yeah sure. Come here Darcy!” Lily said as she grabbed her younger sister from her Dad. Since Harry was hurting from the divorce, Lily just did what her Dad asked without complaining.

“Thanks.” Harry said while taking off his jacket and hung it on its hook by the door with the rest of the jackets.

“No problem Dad. I was about to make some lunch do you and Darcy want something to eat?”

“Sure, sounds good. I could use something to eat. How about you Darce?” Harry asked as he looked at Darcy.

Instead of giving her Dad a response, Darcy put her finger in her mouth and nodded.

“Here let me grab you from your sister so she could make something to eat.” Harry said while grabbing Darcy from Lily.

“What do you want to eat Dad?” Lily asked as they walked to the kitchen.

“Anything works for me Lil, you know that.” Harry said as he sat at the kitchen table and sat Darcy right beside him.

“How does a turkey sandwich sound?”

“Sounds great!”

“And how about you Darcy?” Lily asked in a childish voice as she looked at her little sister.

“I want a peanut butter and banana sandwich.” Darcy answered.

“Peanut butter and banana? Coming right up.” Lily said as she got to making her Dad’s and little sister’s sandwiches.

“Hey Lil, when do you girls start school again?” Harry asked curiously.

“Hm, considering we just went school shopping, we start next week on Monday. Why?”

“Next week? That’s when I start working again.”

A startled look appeared on Lily’s face. She was somewhat confused because Harry never mentioned anything about a job or an interview or thinking about working again.

“Work? You got a new job?” Lily asked as she turned around and walked to the table with the sandwiches she made.

“Thank you Lily.” Darcy said as she took her sandwich from her sister.

“You’re welcome. Here’s your sandwich Dad.”

“Thanks sweetie.” Harry said while taking his sandwich and Lily sat across from him.

“No problem, now why is it you never mentioned to us that you start working again?” Lily asked curiously.

Harry sighed before taking a bite of his sandwich. “It was supposed to be a surprise. We’re planning a reunion tour for One Direction…but don’t say anything to anyone. No one can know yet. Aunt Peyton knows, but I tell her everything…but no one can know okay? Not even your sisters.”

Lily wanted to scream happily, but when Harry said not to say anything she stopped herself from screaming. “I promise. But if you start working next week, whose going to take care of us? Well, Darcy, we can take care of ourselves.”

“I’ll be taking Darcy out with me, and sometimes she’ll be with Peyton.”

“Are you sure Dad? Wouldn’t that be a distraction if she goes with you? When you took us to work with you, your Manager called us distractions.”

“The Manager probably will say Darcy  is a distraction at first, but we’ll see how it goes, but if you girls need help just call Aunt Peyton, she’s willing to help me out with you girls.”

Lily nodded as she gave her response to Harry. “Dad, we’re all willing to help you. You’re our Dad, we’re not going to back out on you.”

“I know, but I’m supposed to be the parent raising you girls, you’re not supposed to be raising yourselves, what kind of parent leaves their kids to raise themselves?” Harry sighed.

Lily chuckled the second she stood up, walked over and sat by her Dad. “Dad, don’t doubt yourself. You’re going to do fine. You may not be perfect, but you’re the best Dad in the whole world. If you ever get married again and have more kids, we’ll help you, you’re our Dad, we love you.” She said while hugging her Dad.

“I love you girls too. You’re my prized possessions and my little girls, I hate to see you all grow up.”

“Aw, Dad.” Lily said while pressing a kiss to Harry’s cheek. “I’m always going to be your little girl. I’m a Daddy’s girl!”

“I’m glad to hear that Lily.” Harry smiled as he pulled Lily close to him and kissed the top of her head.