Leah Leaves

As soon as the next morning came, Leah had gathered her daughters downstairs to say their final goodbyes, while Harry put the last of his ex-wife’s stuff in her car.

Leah gave each of her daughters a hug and a kiss goodbye, and did the same when Harry walked back inside the house. They were now no longer married, and were no longer a couple. The divorce was what was best for them, but it left them hurt.

Once Leah signed the divorce papers, she handed them to Harry, and walked out of the door.

“I guess this is it!” Leah sighed, not wanting to leave, but what choice did she have.

“I guess so.” Harry nodded slowly while looking down sadly.

“Our marriage is really over.” 

“Yea, I guess it really is.” Harry nodded his head slowly.

“Bye Harry.” Leah said softly while slowly walking out the front door and looked at Harry and her six daughters over her shoulder.

“Bye Leah.” Harry said sadly.

“Bye girls.” Leah said with her voice cracking.

The girls all had tears in their eyes as they all said, “Bye Mom,” “Bye Mum,” and “Bye Mommy” as soon as their mother walked out the door and closed it. Once she was in front of the closed  door, Leah let her tears out and walked towards her car, hopped inside and drove off. And that was it, Leah was gone.

Harry turned to look at the girls, who were all upset and hurt with their Mom leaving, but they weren’t the only ones hurt, Harry was hurt as much as they were.

“Dad, are you okay?” asked Sophie.

Harry turned to his daughters and did his best to not cry. “I’m fine girls. I just need time to myself.” Harry answered as Darcy ran up to them and hugged his leg tightly.

“Darcy, come on, Dad wants to be alone right now.” Ella said as she reached for Darcy.

“Ella, it’s fine, Darcy can stay with me.” Harry said putting his hand in front of Ella, stopping her from getting Darcy.

“You sure Dad?” Ella asked. She knew how hurt her Dad was, and realized he needed his space.

“I’m fine. This will be really hard on Darcy. She can stay with me.” Harry said as he picked up Darcy and held her at his side.

“Alright Dad.” Ella said.

“Ella, can you watch your sisters? I’m going to go take Darcy out for a drive, I’ll be back soon.”

“Sure thing Dad.” Ella said as she and her sisters went upstairs.

“Come on Darcy, you’re coming with Daddy.”

“Where are we going?” Darcy asked.

“We’ll figure that out okay?”

“Okay Daddy.” Darcy nodded as Harry grabbed his and Darcy’s jackets off the hooks by the door and walked out.

Walking to the car, Harry set Darcy down and helped h put her jacket on, then he put his on. “There you go Princess.”

“Thank you Daddy.” Darcy said quietly as she slowly looked down at the ground.

“You okay Princess?” Harry asked as he noticed the tears in his daughter’s eyes.

Darcy looked at Harry and nodded slowly. After seeing how sad she was, Harry took Darcy into his arms and hugged her tightly. “It’ll be okay Princess.” Harry said giving Darcy a kiss. “I love you Princess. I’m always going to love you.”

“I love you too Daddy.” Darcy said as she kissed Harry’s cheek.

“That’s my girl. Now come on, let’s get you into your car seat.”

Darcy nodded again as Harry picked up Darcy, opened the car door and put Darcy in her car seat that was in the backseat. “There you go Princess.”

“Thank you Daddy.” Darcy said softly.

“Anytime Princess.” Harry said kissing Darcy’s forehead then got in the driver’s seat. “Where do you want to go? We can go anywhere. You choose.”

“Can we go see Auntie Peyton? I want to see cousins Autumn and Logan.” Darcy replied.

Since Harry had been friends with Peyton for so long, their relationship was like brother and sister. Harry’s six daughters referred to Peyton as “Aunt Peyton”, and her two kids as their cousins, while they grew up. They were practically family.

“Of course. Let me just call and ask her so I know she’s not busy okay?”

“Okay Daddy.” Darcy said as Harry pulled his phone out to call Peyton.