Ella and Lily

Lying on her bed, Ella had turned on her stereo, shut her door halfway so she could keep an eye on her sisters, pulled out her journal from her desk and began writing in it.

With her preppy like style, Ella’s journal was a light shade of pink with fluffy like fur and a read heart in the center of is with the name ‘Ella’ printed across it.

Ella grabbed her purple inked gel pen, put the cap on its end and began writing.

“Today my parents finalized their divorce, and my Mum left for good. That was the last time I’d ever see her again in my lifetime. It’s now my Dad taking care of me, Lily, Holly, Sophie, Hannah and Darcy. To be honest, I love my Dad and all, but he has no idea what he’s doing or what he’s getting himself into. My Aunt Peyton can do a better job with me and my sisters, she practically raised us anyways while Dad was busy with One Direction and Mum was working all the time. I know my Dad will at least try his best to take care of all of us, but he’s going to need some help, and I suggest he gets it from Aunt Peyton. I’m pretty sure she could handle the six of us, plus her son and daughter, Logan and Autumn, as a single parent. My Dad just can’t do it alone.

-Ella”

Ella wrote in her journal until her first younger sister, Lily, walked in. She noticed Ella on her bed, saw that her door was half open and still managed to knock on the door, not wanting to be annoying.

“Hey El, can I talk to you for a sec?” Lily asked before entering her older sister’s room.

“Of course.” Ella said while closing her journal, put it back on her desk, and sat up on her bed so she could talk to her sister.

Lily walked into her sister’s room and closed the door behind her. She walked over to Ella’s bed and sat beside her sister. “Do you think Dad will  be able to take care of all six of us by himself?” Lily asked biting her lip.

Each of the six girls had their own personality, but with the divorce, the girls started losing themselves already because it was depressing for them to think that their parents weren’t going to be together anymore. The divorce was hard on all of them, it was starting to affect them.

“Honestly Lily, I don’t think Dad will even know what he’s doing. He’s going to need some help. Six girls and a single parent?  I don’t think anyone can handle that, unless it’s Aunt Peyton.”

“But he’s our Dad, we can’t put him down.” Lily said feeling bad for doubting her father.

“We’re not really putting him down unless we say it to his face, but since we’re not, we’re not actually putting him down.”

“But I feel bad for talking about him.” Lily sighed.

“I know, I do too. But we’ll just have to see how Dad handles things around here, and we’re going to have to help him, especially with Darcy. This divorce is going to hurt them both a lot. Mostly Darcy!”

“Wouldn’t it hurt Dad more though? Dad has known Mom since he was in school.” Lily stated.

“Yeah, but Darcy is only four, Mum won’t get to watch her grow up like she did with you, me, Holly, Hannah and Sophie. We’re not little kids anymore, Darcy still is and she needs a Mum.” Ella explained.

“Oh, I see what you’re saying, we’re going to have to help Darcy as she grows up.” Lily nodded.

“Exactly, she may be attached to Dad a lot, but when Dad isn’t around, say if he’s out at Aunt Peyton’s or he started dating again or he starts working again, we’re going to have to start taking care of Darcy. I know for a fact that things are going to change around here now that Mum is gone. Mum was practically in charge around here, Dad just went along with what she said.”

“I agree. Alright, so when Dad gets home and if he needs help, just help, don’t ask?” Lily asked trying to figure out what to do.

“I would ask if he needs help. You  know how Dad is. Now that Mum’s gone, he may want to be alone, but if he doesn’t want to be alone, he’s going to want to be with Darcy because she’s going to want to be with Dad. That’s how the mind of a Dad and a Daddy’s girl works. You should know, we’re all Daddy’s girls.” Ella explained as Lily nodded in agreement.

“So pretty much the main focuses here are Dad and Darcy?” Lily asked trying to clarify Ella’s point.

“Us too, this divorce is affecting all of us, it’s just Dad and Darcy that need help the most.” Ella answered as Harry walked through the front door downstairs while holding Darcy.

“Girls, I’m home.” He said walking through the door.

Looking at her sister, Ella thought of something to help her Dad that Lily could do. “That’s Dad, now go downstairs and offer to make him some lunch because he’s probably hungry.”

Lily nodded as she did what Ella told her to do. Lily was a lot like Darcy when she was younger; attached to her father and never wanted to leave his side, same with Ella, Holly, Sophie and Hannah, but Lily, she was exactly like Darcy as a young girl.