Darcy's Bath

After Harry got himself to calm down from his stressing phone call he had with Leah, he started to give Darcy her bath finally and he tried his best to not mess up. It was Harry’s first time giving any of his daughter’s a bath. He had the feeling he wasn’t going to do a great job, but he knew he had to try if he wanted to do well.

“Alright, let’s see if Daddy knows what he’s doing.” Harry said to Darcy, who was sitting in the bathtub staring at her Dad. “If Daddy does a bad job, I’m sorry. Just remember, Daddy is still learning.”

“It’s okay Daddy.” Darcy said with a smile.

“Great, now let’s see…what does Mummy do first when she used to give you your bath?”

“She would  wash my hair first.” Darcy responded.

“Wash your hair? Okay!” Harry said grabbing a shampoo bottle. There were multiple shampoos and conditioners in the bathroom, and Harry didn’t know which one was Darcy’s. “God, there’s so many bottles…I’ll go with this one.” Harry said grabbing Garnier shampoo.

As he was about to pour some shampoo onto his hand, Darcy stared at him with a look that read “you have no clue what you’re doing,” because her Dad grabbed the wrong shampoo to use.

“What?” Harry asked looking at Darcy. “Did I grab the wrong shampoo or something?”

“Yes you did. That’s Ella’s shampoo.”

“It is? Okay, well how about this one? Is this your shampoo? Harry asked grabbing Tresme, which also wasn’t Darcy’s shampoo.

“Nooo, that’s Lily’s!” Darcy said shaking her head.

“Lily’s? Alright, how about this shampoo?” He asked grabbing Aussie shampoo. “Please say this is your shampoo.” Harry whined, hoping Darcy would say yes.

Darcy laughed and shook her head no. “That’s Holly’s.”

“Holly’s! Of course. You girls should really write your names on your shampoo bottles…which bottle of shampoo is yours? That will help Daddy a lot.”

Darcy turned towards the shampoo bottles and grabbed her watermelon scented, L’Oreal kids shampoo bottle that was shaped like a fish. “This one is mine Daddy.” She said as she gave the bottle to Harry.

“Oh, so the fish looking bottle is your shampoo. That makes sense.” Harry said as he grabbed the bottle from Darcy.

“Now, let’s get you clean.” Harry said as he poured some shampoo into his hand, rubbed both his hands together and started washing Darcy’s hair. “You let me know if Daddy does something wrong okay? The only person Daddy has ever bathed is himself.”

“Yes Daddy.” Darcy said shutting her eyes tightly so she wouldn’t get shampoo in her eye.

It took, Harry about an hour to get Darcy clean, since it was his first time bathing Darcy. Once he was done, he took Darcy out of the tub, dried her off and dressed her in her Disney Princess pajamas.

“There you go. All nice and clean.” Harry smiled as he finished dressing Darcy.

“Thank you Daddy.” Darcy smiled.

“You’re welcome Princess. Are you sleeping by Daddy again tonight?” He asked as he made eye contact with his daughter.

“Can I please Daddy?” Darcy asked softly.

“Of course Princess! You know you can always sleep with Daddy whenever you want.” Harry said as he picked up Darcy and carried her to his bedroom.