28 - ice cream led to another

November 19, 2020 3:15 PMBaskin Robbins, Center of Transportation Center B1, Incheon Airport Terminal 2

Baskin Robbins, Center of Transportation Center B1, Incheon Airport Terminal 2

Her black card was shoved towards the cashier before he could even open his wallet. 

Jeong-hyeok was contemplating how he was going to finish all three generous scoops of his mint chocolate chip ice cream. His eyes rolled up to find Seri, really Seri sitting in front of him, but she was also gazing at him with a pink spoon stuck in her mouth.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Her spoon came out with a pop. "I'm trying to think if it's about time Seri's Choice revives the military aesthetic..." Seri mused. "But it has to be this exact perfect fit, the broad shoulders, the straight posture, the v-shaped physique making a forward march the runway..." her fingers mimicked the frame of a camera trying to capture Jeong-hyeok, one eye closed.

Jeong-hyeok blew air from his nose, lifp slightly tilting in amusement. "Do you always appraise someone's appearance right in their faces?"

"No, not right in their faces..." Seri denied, "But it's the first time I've seen a pilot this close and with a cut as impressive as yours...Your friend was quite a looker too. Any chance I could see him again?"

Any sign of mirth was wiped away from Jeong-hyeok's face. "Your ice cream is melting."

Seri snickered at Jeong-hyeok as she scooped up a spoonful of her ice cream, a mix of strawberry, cheesecake and chocolate. "I haven't had Baskin Robbins in awhile...I didn't think you'd be an ice cream person." 

But judging from how Jeong-hyeok's cup remained wholly intact, he didn't seem thrilled. 

Seri continued, taking a more formal tone, "But I'm really glad I bumped into you. I thought I'd never see you again...I never got to thank you in Naejangsan."

"You did." Jeong-hyeok reminded her, "At the summit."

"Yes, but it's not as though you saved me from a wet floor, it was a cliff!" Her hand shot up to the ceiling, "I would have cracked like Humpty Dumpty"