62 - charisma

January 16, 2021 10:01 AMSeri's Apartment

Seri's Apartment

It was a one-hour corporate press conference but for Seri it was the entertainment event of a lifetime. The giddiness had her waking up early and vacuuming to an upbeat music followed by toasting bread and frying bacon and eggs to pass the time. She was by the fridge, picking out a bottle of soy milk when the livestream began to play on her smart TV,  leading her to hastily push the door close and leaping like a gazelle on her sofa, catching a pillow that almost fell off when she bounced upon the cushioning. It was ridiculous, was that even an idol appearance? Even when she was dating the idol singer she had not been that excited. Sure there had been some anticipation in the past when she secretly attended a performance, a premiere or a game of a past beau, but her heart did not beat as much as it did right then. 

As the chairman began his opening remarks, Seri checked her phone of mostly one-sided good luck messages. His last message to her was one hour ago with him saying "a little nervous" when she asked if he was okay. 

"Watching on TV now. Good luck~" Seri recited as she typed her message while punching two carets and a heart.

Seri doubted if he saw it as the pilots were called right in. She straightened up like she was actually a member of the press in the airlines' Incheon headquarters. 

He had a haircut before the press conference which Seri wasn't able to see until right then: side-parted, slightly pomped up with a trimmed undercut, an announcement as good as any that the captain was back. His entrance was interrupted when he faced the flashing cameras, making him duck. The chairman's outstretched hand provided a good distraction.