26 - shanghai pt ii

November 18, 2020 11:52 PMMandarin Oriental Club Lounge

Mandarin Oriental Club Lounge

"Shall we propose a toast first? To Ms Yoon Seri! Retailer of the Year at the 2020 Shanghai Retail Expo and Conference!"

"Thank you," Seri lost count as to how many bows she has given to people since she received the plaque, yet another award to add to her mounting trophies back home.  She raised her mocktail glass as Alberto let out a whoop and Seo Dan looked on with admiration for her highly accomplished friend.

Seri had dedicated her speech to the hard-working employees of Seri's Choice who made the brand the mammoth force it was right then, then she challenged starting entrepreneurs to dream big and keep faith in themselves. This acceptance speech was posted in all of Seri's Choice SNS accounts with Manager Hong writing her a long email of gratitude that she responded to with a short and curt email (but secretly appreciated).

There's nothing quite like clinking glasses with the view of Shanghai's gleaming skyscrapers. The next day would find them on the plane back to Seoul.

"Your employees and family must be very proud!" Alberto enthused.

"My family is likely to curse it, which I see as a win." Seri crossed her legs. "Don't ask why, it will just spoil the evening."

"Ok then, how about you talk to us about that one person who is inspiring you?" Alberto encouraged, "Not anyone related to work please, even Ms Seo Dan is technically your colleague now with your KMEX tie-up."

Seri could see what he was doing. For the past few days, the two of them had done everything they could to distract Seo Dan, thinking about various topics, occupations and going out for food. She supposed his technique at that moment was to shift the discussion towards the heiress, at her expense.

Even Seo Dan had perked up in interest.

"Tch, you really have to put me on the spot." Seri glowered at Alberto from the corner of her eye.

"Come now, Ms. Yoon, haven't you hinted at someone? Don't think I don't see you answer your messages sometimes with a private smile." Alberto teased.