107 - hearts and sol pt. v

July 17, 2021 6:30 PM
Na Xamena, Ibiza

Internet chats in the past would confirm that Jeong-hyeok had better things to do than clubbing, and Seri herself was about to embark on a situation she had never ventured before: going to a nightclub as a couple.

There was little styling needed for a crisp white shirt, other than rolling his cuffs to befit a balmy summer weather and applying product on his hair like how Seri taught him. Jeong-hyeok was seated on their couch of pebbles, noticing how the bathroom door was left open and wondering whether it was ajar by accident or on purpose. Did she perhaps not see the need and he could possibly slip in if he was curious enough? Or if he wanted to offer some help with the hair blower that was roaring for half an hour. He had always helped her with her hair...

The whirring switched off eventually and out came Seri in a shimmy of glittery gold, like the sunset from the balcony happened to tumble into the room instead.

"How do I look?" She spun on her room slippers as her tiered mini dress made of voile fabric effortlessly followed her motions. If he shied away from her two-piece garb that afternoon, he drank her right there and then like the last swill of liquor, so fast that it would burn his metaphorical esophagus.

She was a bright shiny...radiant being, whose slim stomach peeked out cheekily from her cutout bodice centered by a gold-tone ring.

Seri put on smokey eyes and a nude lipstick that gave her a sultry, alluring aura of mystery, and one that warrants a stare (or a leer, depending on whose eyes it was). Seri knew how to dress with the sole goal of following a beholder to their dreams. Even if they happen to be Lee Jeong-hyeok who never pegged himself as someone even remotely interested in mingling with members of the opposite sex on a night out, whether in his studying years as a pianist or as a pilot.

But Seri, as it was from day one, had unsettled him. Because it was Seri. Seri with the intrusive and colorful voice, with a face that could pierce with sadness and delight with mischief.

"Is it too much?" She asked when he wouldn't utter a word, she faced the gigantic wall mirror. "Are my eyes too dark?"

"No," Jeong-hyeok shook his head, standing up. "It's...nice."

Seri took what usually would pass as a half-hearted compliment as a grand flattering remark, giving a side-long grin as she was putting on a bangle and hooped earrings. "Come here."

He took her side as she admired their combined reflections.

"I'll show the guys." She took out her phone.

"They're asleep."

"Psh, I'm not waking them up."

She slipped a wrist around his elbow and captured photos of their image doubles in several angles from the top to the sides, "Captain Lee's hot date! Hey, why don't you smile? You look like you're already worn out."

But she didn't force a response. She was done taking photos before Jeong-hyeok could muster a happier mood.

"Oh what time is it?" Seri gently turned Jeong-hyeok's wrist to her to see the watch face, "We have to meet them at the lobby..."

She picked up her metallic sandals leaning against the bed and slipped her foot in them one by one. Jeong-hyeok became even more conscious of how miniscule the dress was.

"These came from Italy. I actually haven't broken into these yet. I hope I don't regret it."

"You should wear a comfortable pair..."

His hand was out the moment she tried to take her first steps on her new pair of stilts that gave her a boost of almost four inches.

"I guess I should stay close to you."