80 - rumors have it

First week of March, 2021
Heard on the radio

"According to Korea's traditional calendar, today is Gyeongchip, the day of Awakening from Hibernation, it starts to feel more like spring from now. And today it feels like early spring across the country with highs in the mid teens. But we have low single digit lows to start the day so dress accordingly...."

*CLICK*

"Queens Group Chairman Yoon Jeung-pyeong was released from the hospital on Thursday after he fell ill last Monday. He underwent tests and was kept in for supervision, and was released after the test results were found to be normal."

"There has been no disruption in the group's day-to-day operation," said an official. Queens confirmed to Han Daily that the chairman was admitted to hospital early Monday morning and is making a recovery...

*CLICK*

"Son Heung-min has put his name in Premier League record books.

Son assisted on Harry Kane's goal in the 76th minute of a 4-1 victory over Crystal Palace at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on Sunday "

*CLICK*

"...raises questions over how long the 68-year old chairman, who is a soure of controversy nowadays, will remain at the top of the company he turned into one of the nation's mammoth conglomerates. He is expected to choose between 2 sons, Yoon Se-joon who is managing the company's luxury hotel sector subsidiary and Yoon Se-hyeong, vice chairman of Queens Life Insurance.

Leadership is often passed down from generation to generation, and Yoon Jeung-pyeong himself assumed his power following the death of his father."

*CLICK*

"How about the CEO of Seri's Choice, Yoon Seri? Isn't she qualified?"

"Yes, but that would rather be an unconventional route. She is the youngest daughter and is not presently in an operational position at Queens."

"But she has made a name for herself as a businesswoman. She built Seri's Choice from the ground up and it's become this huge fashion, skin care and cosmetics conglomerate."

"It will be interesting to see how the balance of power would play out were the chairman to step down. I think this will be a chaebol power drama unlike any other..."

*CLICK*

"An official from Seri's Choice reiterated that their CEO was in Milan for a previously arranged business trip and the attendance to the EWF charity gala is only one of her agendas. This is to address the accusations that the heiress was oblivious to the charges her father is facing as well as his state of health."

*CLICK*

Don't forget during the long winter

A flower can bloom between the frozen cracks

Can't you see how beautiful Tomorrow's spring is to be

You are my celebrity

*CLICK*

"Officials from the ministry, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Army will soon visit the 22nd infantry division in the eastern border town of Goseong to assess the unit "from a perspective of reorganization and operation," according to the ministry.

The division has come under fire after a North Korean man swam ashore in the South undetected last month."

*CLICK*

"Welcome back to the Morning Brew show. We have a message from a listener in Gwanak-gu: 'Hello sir, I'm a fan of your show. Actually this song dedication is from my grandmother who recently flew from Italy and went through some trouble. She thought she misplaced her phone in the plane and it's full of her family pictures. But the captain and his crew came to the rescue. She wants to dedicate the song to Captain Lee of Korean Airways. We are grateful and touched by your heart and your sincerity in helping our grandmother."