81 - excess baggage

March 11, 2021, 9:04 PMSeri's Choice Headquarters

Seri's Choice Headquarters

Chang-sik bowed to the man who left the CEO's office with a leather satchel, the other man extending him the same courtesy with a polite smile. Out of the strange men coming in and out of Yoon Seri's office, this one was a regular. He always came in at night after work hours.

The manager knocked on the CEO's door and opened it slightly ajar.

The woman behind the name plaque 'Seri Yoon' had a hand upon her nape when he peeked in through the door. She must be stretching her neck. "Manager Hong, why are you still here?"

"We haven't gone through the schedule for tomorrow yet, and you'll be in KMEX early." Chang-sik explained with his tablet in hand.

"Then you could just call me tomorrow." But Seri waved him in.

Chang-sik opened his calendar app, "You have the store inspection meeting and tea with Mrs. Ko Myeong-eun in the morning at KMEX, then lunch with the designers. In the afternoon you'll be visiting the style room until 3, then meeting with the team from 4 to 6..."

He paused as the schedule reached the evening. "...The piano concert is at 7." He rescheduled that one, twice. It took him two days to negotiate.

Seri nodded, "Ok, I got it."

"I'll ask Mr. Nam to drive you to the concert hall."

"He just needs to drive me one way then he can go." Seri emphasized, "Don't worry about my ride home."

Chang-sik wrote 'one way' on his tablet then lingered on. "Will your...date drive you home?"

"Correct." Seri replied simply.

Chang-sik shouldn't have to worry about her safety then, he could still remember that man's built. He was as stacked as the bodyguards currently employed by their office. What bothered him really was how little he knew about him. Seri never spoke about him again since last month when he happened to see him in front of the building. It had Chang-sik doubting if it was one of those flings.

"Manager Hong."

"Yes ma'am?"

Seri looked at him suspiciously and started twirling a pen from end to end like she was roasting some imaginary meat on a skewer. "Is there anything else? Why are you still here?"

"Oh ah..." Chang-sik swallowed. "I'm just wondering if your date is...safe?"

Seri stifled a laugh, "What kind of question is that?"

"It's just..." Chang-sik let his tablet dangle by one corner with both hands clasped down, "We don't know much about him."

Her eyebrow quirked, her spinning paused. "Who is we?"

"Oh no, no." Chang-sik pedaled back, a toothy smile overspreading. "I mean, I don't know about him..."

Seri dropped the pen she was holding, so she could gather up her hands on the table. "Sit down."