87.5 - q&a commentary

This is a special episode to thank everyone  who sent questions and co-authoring episode 87. They were such terrific questions that there was no need to add more...except for one. Enjoy! 

---

You've been receiving quite some attention. Over a hundred and fifty questions have poured in from all corners of the country, and even from overseas. How does it feel?
Capt. Lee Jeong-hyeok: It's surprising...I'm not used to the attention.

Seri: You're seriously popular.

Jeong-hyeok: It was really unexpected.

Seri: How many did you end up answering?

Jeong-hyeok: Over half of it

Seri: What were the questions you didn't answer?

Jeong-hyeok: Questions that go against company policy

Seri: That's it?

Jeong-hyeok: And my personal policy. 

Tell us about your memorable flight experience.
Nowadays these are just the simple things while in transit. For example, spotting the strobe lights of an aircraft at a different altitude when flying at night. We flash our lights to say hello and the other airplane does the same. We'll never know who they are and vice versa, yet there was a silent conversation exchanged. Things like this makes a flight memorable for me.

Seri: How romantic. It reminds me of how you stumbled upon my message in that forum one day and it changed everything. Thanks for flashing your light that day.

Jeong-hyeok: That sounds a bit weird, but I think I understood your point.

Seri: Can you just say you're welcome?

What can you say to someone who has a phobia of flying?
It's our job to take care of you so you shouldn't worry. The flight crew wants to get home safe and sound, too. I once spoke to a passenger who had a fear of flying and I tried to explain why turbulence happens and why it is normal. It seemed to help.

Seri: I think it helped that the pilot is good-looking.

Jeong-hyeok: That won't matter for a person with a fear of flying.

Seri: It would matter to me.

Would you rather fly all day or drive all day?
Taking the timing and control into consideration, you always have to keep an eye on the road and stay in the lane when you drive, whereas you can program a plane during cruise control. There's also a speed limit to worry about and you're confined to the ground.

Seri: Would you rather fly all day or drive all day but with me?

Jeong-hyeok: That's a tough one.

Seri: The answer is the second choice if you need a hint.

Jeong-hyeok: Are you sure? What if the passenger is unruly?

Seri: When? When was I unruly?

Jeong-hyeok: Please don't hit me with the hairbrush.

Where is your favorite area in the airplane?
The flight deck I suppose...

Seri: You must think you're a comedian

Jeong-hyeok: What else should I say?

What's your all time favourite airplane?
The one I'm flying right now.