77 - innamorati a milano pt. iii

February 27, 2021 12:05 PMGangnam, Seoul

Gangnam, Seoul

"Wow, look at this Dani."

Seo Dan was concentrating on her phone, she was deciding whether to drop the T block to the left or to the right so when the square block comes around it would be easier to accommodate. She chose to move it to the right and she started turning the puzzle piece around for the best configuration.

"Dani." Her mother reached out to yank at her coat sleeve.

The move startled her that the T block dropped earlier than she planned, locking a pixel space.

"Mom!" Seo Dan cried. "What is it?"

"Look, Seri is at the EWF gala in Milan." She showed her phone.

"Ugh," Seo Dan threw her head back to the car seat. "You disturbed me for that??"

"What's the matter with you?" Her mother could not help but be miffed at the tone her daughter was making. "Is this not your friend at the prestigious gala? What are you sounding so irritated about?"

It was a matter of great contention...but not one she was in the mood to elaborate. Seo Dan's glare lost its hardness as she lowered her gaze to her phone screen. Blocks have been accumulating on her gameboard creating a tower she did not have the patience to topple down. Seo Dan exited the puzzle game before the inevitable 'Game Over' would appear.

"I was just focused in my game." She muttered.

Ko Myeong-eun sighed. "Are you a child? Don't play too much games."

"Milan?" Ko Myeong-suk repeated from the passenger seat at the front. "Jeong-hyeok is there right now. Yun-hui told me."

Seo Dan looked up from her screen.

Myeong-eun glared at her brother through the rear-view mirror in exasperation. "What does that have to do with anything? I thought I made it clear I don't want to hear anything about that man. You talk about him like he's your son."

"I'd be the luckiest man if I had him as my son..."

"Stuff it, Myeong-suk."

Predicting another round of bickering from the siblings had Seo Dan putting on her air pods and loading a new game. What did she care about stupid, old, boring Milan?