105 - hearts and sol pt. iii

July 17, 2021 2:00 PMLa Posidonia Spa, Ibiza

La Posidonia Spa, Ibiza

Going to the hotel's in-house spa allowed them to explore the resort grounds, a white oasis interwoven with landscaped garden interiors. Archways and arcades were lined by native ornamental trees and manicured bushes so there were patches of grass and green at every turn, creating harmony with the natural park the resort was nestled in. Seri couldn't help but take photos of the Andalusian patio in the heart of the hotel, a yellow-tiled courtyard that appeared encroached by vegetation.

Seri swooned at the outside pool that was surrounded by plants growing from rocky outcrops and the open-air restaurant sitting at the edge where guitar music was playing and drifting throughout the resort. It would be nice to spend afternoons there, but their agenda that day was the wellness center.

Serene thoughts screeched to a halt when Seri found out that Jeong-hyeok signed them up for the 50-minute couple deep-tissue massage. For Seri that was typical, but that also meant 50 minutes of prolonged semi-clothed exposure and contact from a complete stranger for Jeong-hyeok. She took the pilot aside when they were changing into robes after the consultation.

"Jeong-hyeok, I'm serious. If you don't feel up to it..."

"I'm up to it. You worry so much."

Seri was so sure this was her boyfriend's first spa experience, not counting the saunas back home. But maybe Jeong-hyeok did know what to expect. He studied abroad, he flew all over Europe, it was not out of the ordinary to try out a spa one weekend with his schoolmates or flight crew. Maybe Seri was overreacting.

After dressing down to robes and swim wear, they entered the private room, an immaculate chamber that smells like a flower garden with side-by-side massage tables in the middle.

"We'll leave you to get ready." The therapists informed them.

Seri wasn't new to massage rituals and she preferred to give her therapist free access to her back. She started untying her bathrobe, humming to herself, more to put her partner to ease. This was all normal!

She positioned herself by a table and was about to slip out of the garment when Jeong-hyeok stopped her.

"What?"