Epilogue

George Weasley stood there in front of the door, keys in his hand but his arm refusing to move

George Weasley stood there in front of the door, keys in his hand but his arm refusing to move. He hadn't planned on doing this alone, opening up the shop again but Fred wasn't here anymore and after months on end of mourning George had finally taken a step towards his own life and decided to do this.

"It'll all be okay" A hand slipped around his arm.
"Astrid, what are you doing here?" George turned to her and she smiled, "surprise!"

Astrid had stayed with the Weasleys for three months before she left again with Charlie to Romania. She then went on to working in a sanctuary in Norway and George hadn't seen her in about two and a half months.

She wasn't supposed to be back until another two months at least and George couldn't have been more relieved to see her, "you have to do it for him George"

"I-I don't know if I can" He looked at her with uncertainty.
"I know you can, I believe in you" she told him in a low voice, "Once it's open, it'll be one step closer to reaching Fred and your's goal"

The two stood there outside for a few seconds before George stepped forward and jingled the key into the door, "This is it..." he sighed and turned it to the side.

He pushed it open and stood at the frame looking at the dusty shelves, the spider webs, the broken window and their old products.

Both Astrid and George stood there completely still yet again, neither could move forward even if they wanted to. 

"I think this is it for today," George turned around to walk back out but Astrid held his wrist and pulled him back, "Together, one step at a time" she told him and though his eyes were pleading her to not make him go in there, he also knew that he had to, someday. 

And so, Astrid pulled George inside the shop with her, trying not to break down herself. This shop was everything Fred and George were. Together. It felt so empty without either one of them, so gloomy, so different. 

Walking into the shop was overwhelming enough for the both of them. They decided to close the shop back up and come back the next day. They sat in a coffee shop and decided to spend some time before Astrid had to go meet Sirius. He would throw a fit if she didn't. 

"How come you came early?" George asked her and she gave him a small smile. 
"I got a letter from Molly, she told you were planning to open up the shop again and I wanted to be here, for you" she told him still smiling, but sadly. 
"You shouldn't have, I know you have a lot of work"
"It's completely fine" Astrid placed her hand on his, "Plus I have something to tell you" 

George tilted his head to the side and frowned slightly in confusion, "Is everything alright?" he asked and Astrid nodded, "everything is fine, I'm fine-"
"You sure?"
"Yes, I mean I am confused." Astrid wasn't exactly sure how to explain it to George. She hadn't been feeling herself in a while. She suspected that it was her sisters' death, or Fred's death, maybe the horrible nightmares but soon it turned out to be something else. 

George looked at her in concern, not sure what she was talking about, "what is it?" he asked and Astrid was silent for a few seconds before she said, "my powers, they've been acting crazy. I think that during the war, the time when Vera and I-" She stopped for a second and gulped before continuing, "-when we used our powers together, she may have transferred some of her powers to me. I looked through different books because I didn't think that such energy transfer was possible but I'm starting to notice some things that happened with her. When I am really stressed, the lights flicker, sometimes my eyes go through various colors before they land back to brown. I haven't been able to sense fears or anything but I think some of it came to me" she explained. 

"Well, is it affecting you too much? is it bad?"

"Not yet, but I'm worried that it might get worse and I'm not ready to have that much power in me. I won't have enough control over me" 

"Well, as long as it doesn't get worse, we shouldn't worry. And even if it was worse, I'm here to help you through it all, don't worry Astrid"