22. The Seer's daughter

Besides chocolate, you're my favorite

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

George and Astrid walked out of the house sneakily.
"Where are we going?" George asked. It was cold and the snow had set in outside.
"Just out.." Astrid had no idea where they were going. "I was so tired of staying in the same room and house, I needed fresh air"
The two walked beside each other, George constantly looking for chances to slip his hand in hers but loosing the opportunity when she started talking (because she moved her hands while taking)
"How much firewhiskey did you have!?" He asked her as she literally skipped through the streets.
Astrid gave him a dramatic offended look.
"Here's a café! Let's go in!"
"I don't have any money on me! That too muggle money!" George told her.
She ignored his comment and walked into the shop.
"What kind of cafe is open so early in the morning?"
"A 24 hour open cafe" Astrid shrugged and chuckled.
"Do you know any muggle drinks or food?" Astrid asked the boy.
"Dad once brought home a cappuccino but I'm honestly not a fan of it.." He told her.
The two ended up ordering a piece of chocolate cake.
"This is the best breakfast ever! Mum would never let me do this!" George exclaimed.
Astrid laughed and nodded.
The duo spent a good hour in the café talking and eating. George tried to place his hand over hers but he couldn't. Thought it was a small gesture, George fancied the girl a lot and it was a big deal for him. He was usually confident around people but Astrid brought out his vulnerable side which was softer and kinder.

"Why do you carry muggle money around?" George asked her. She only shrugged in response.
They walked around the neighborhood. It was pretty much empty but Astrid looked around it in Awe.
The girl was so engrossed in observing the neighborhood that she didn't notice George leave her side and make a snowball.
The girl in front of him squealed loudly as the cold snow hit her back.
"Oh Weasley, you're so on!" She threw snowballs at him which he tried to dodge.
"I have very good aim!" She said proudly.
"Do you now!?" The redhead rand towards the girl with a big chunk of snow in his hand.
Astrid squealed louder and ran.
He put his arm around her waist, holding her from the back, as he smashed all the snow in his had onto her face.
The girl laughed and squealed which only made George happier.
"We ought to get back" Astrid told him once she caught her breath. A smile still lingering on her face.
George nodded grinning ear to ear, his smile not faltering even once.
The walked a few meters in silence before Astrid spoke up.
"George?"
"Astrid?" The boy mocked.
"You know you could've just asked.." she told him receiving a confused look from the boy.
Astrid peered down at his hand, interlocking her cold fingers with his warm ones.
Goosebumps ran up George's arm, he wasn't sure if it was the cold fingers or the gesture.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"GEORGE FREDRICK WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU SNEAK OUT OF THIS HOUSE WITH DEATH EATERS READY TO KILL YOU ANYTIME! AND YOU TOOK ASTRID WITH YOU!? JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE CAUSING TROUBLE, DONT TAKE OTHERS DOWN WITH YOU!"  it was an understatement to say Molly Weasley was angry.
"Mrs. Weasley, it was my idea.." Astrid confessed.
"Astrid dear, don't cover up for the boy.." Molly told her in a sweet voice. It was scary how she could change it completely from person to person.
"No really. He didn't even know where we were going. I dragged him out.."
"Really!? Then you should be smarter than this! What if you got attacked by death eaters!?" Molly had a strain on her voice, she didn't want to scold the poor girl.
"Come on, Molly! They're of age! And it's not like the did anything wrong. They are completely okay, no need to fit over it." Sirius winked at the two.
"I guess you're right. But I don't want to see any of you out of this house again." She warmed before leaving the living room.
"Thanks Sirius" Astrid said.
"You really saved our arses there!" George told him.
"What were you two doing outside?" The man smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.
"Just went to a café, walked  around-" Astrid started to explain
"-and snogged!" Sirius cut in.
"No!" The two said in unison turning deep shades of George's hair.
He gave them a look before dropping the subject and leaving.