17. Talks & Comfrontations

It's not the first time this has happened

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Noah saw Astrid talking to George as he walked behind Fred.
He felt a sense of surety now, if Astrid could do it, so could he.
They walked and walked and walked for a long time. Fred wanted to get as away from the gyffindor tower as possible. He has a quick pace and Noah was struggling to follow.
Fred suddenly came to a halt as he reached the courtyard. It had lesser people and as far as he knew, neither Filch nor umbridge would be anywhere near right now.
There was a silence before Noah audibly sighed.

"Are you going to say something or not!?" Fred was getting anxious.

Noah was tensed and stressed. He was usually so calm all the time. Exams? No problem! It's easy! Talk to ya teacher? Easy! Do all weeks homework in one day? Easy!
Socially interact with someone? Questionable.
Noah's mind was racing. but it was Fred's continuous foot tapping that made Noah blow.

[A/N please read in angry frustrated voice, it makes better impact]
"Fred! Ugh! I don't know what to say to you! What should I say? I'm sorry!? Well guess what!? I am not sorry. I'm not sorry about anything that happened the other night! I'm not sorry because I fancy you Weasley! Every time I see you I struggle to stand and not melt into a puddle. You make my mind race! I want to know what it feels like to touch those freaking freckles on your face and I want to know what it's like to feel your warm freaking embrace! I practiced this moment so many times in my head! I wanted to open my mouth and say something nice and polite but the only thing going through my head right now is that you look like a person I'd very much like to kiss!"

At that moment all Fred wanted to do what Noah had said but he could never do that to Angelina. She was one of his closest friends more than anything else and he couldn't hurt her.
"I would kiss you now but it would be wrong for Angelina..." he told the boy.

"I- You would?" Noah was in shock.

"Plus I've to got to get back at you for the other night!" Fred winked at the boy who was a deep shade of red.
Standing up, Fred held out a hand for Noah, "I better get back."
"But..."
"I need to talk to Angelina before anyone else"
Noah nodded. Fred was a good friend and an even better boyfriend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was a few days later, right after the DA practice sessions, Astrid walked straight into her dorm and opened her chest of drawers.
She took out a piece of parchment that was crumpled up.
She saw as almost everything was crossed off. Only a few things from her fathers list were left to do.
The girl traced her fingers over the paper. If only she could share this with him.
Astrid was brought out of her daze when an owl came swooping through the open window.
It dropped a letter from her mother.