23. The cemetery

Anything for you

Anything for you

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I'm glad you're back. I was worried sick about you" George hugged Astrid. She put her arms around him and hummed.
"Is everything alright?" George asked.
"Uh...yeah!" She tried to sound as believable as possible. George raises an eyebrow at her.
She couldn't hide everything from him.
The two sat in the living room of the house, Fred had joined them only a few seconds later.
"I found my prophecy.." she told them. "I hadn't heard it before, only through my mother's words and there was something strange about it..." the two listened intently.
"What did it say?" Fred asked.
"The one to be born a daughter of the seer, only counts down 18 years to death in fear. A curtain is all that separates her demise, she will fall through with a blessing in disguise. The dark lord will rise that day, his army will take her life away." Astrid recited it word for word. Chills went down her spine and goosebumps all over her arm. Her voice cracked slightly as she said those words. George seemed to sense it because he moved closer to her.
"A blessing in disguise? What's that supposed to mean?" George asked.
"I don't know" she said quietly. "I'm scared you know, will it hurt? Is it like falling a sleep?" Astrid asked George. He had never seen Astrid so vulnerable and scared. She did have fear in her but he had never seen it so clearly in her eyes. He knew he couldn't convince her that she wasn't going to die, he didn't believe it himself.
"Quicker than falling a sleep" He assured, pulling her even closer to himself. She rested her head on his shoulder.
Fred leaned back into the sofa he was sitting on and closed his eyes.
All three of them sat in silence.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was December 31st, the day Astrid was turning 18.
She laid in her bed, tears rolling down her eyes. She missed her father, she missed her mother.
Her door clicked and opened slowly. The girl wiped her tears quickly and faced the wall beside her bed.
"Astrid? You awake?" She didn't move.
"Astrid! Wake up! It's your birthday!" It was George. Astrid gently opened her eyes pretending to wake up.
"Happy birthday, Love!" George has a huge grin on his face.
She turned her body away from the wall to face George and smiled. His face fell immediately.
"You've been up for a while. Are you quite Alright?" He asked.
"I just woke up.." Astrid told him.
"Your red nose and watery eyes say something else.." He looked at her with a concerned look.
"It's nothing, I just miss my dad.." She sat up.
George sat beside her and put her hand in his. He squeezed it gently while smiling at Astrid.
Astrid pulled him down into a soft kiss.
His lips were warm and tasted like chocolate.
"Did you eat chocolate without me?" She said as she pulled away. Her forehead still connected to his. George only laughed in response.
"Let's go down, everyone's waiting for you."

It was an understatement to say that Molly went all out with the breakfast.
"Mrs. Weasley! This is too much!"
"It's not everyday someone turns 18, you're an adult now! Atleast in the muggle world"
"Thank you so much!" She hugged her.
Astrid received many gifts from her friends.
Dana and Noah has also sent her birthday cards and small presents through muggle post.
The day started out pretty well and quickly morphed into evening.
Molly and Arthur had gone to the Ministry to protect the Prophecy and so they had celebrated her birthday early in the morning.
Sirius stayed back in his room talking to Harry and bonding with his godson.
Ron, Ginny, Hermione and Fred were all in one room playing exploding snap.

"George, I'm leaving to go to the muggle town, I'll be back in an hour" Astrid pulled on her Weasley Jumper over her shirt. The girl had become quite obsessed with it. It felt like home.
"Where are you going?" George asked.
"Just need to get some fresh air"
"I'll come with you."
"No! I want to be alone.." Astrid told him.
"I'll keep distance. I'm not taking any risks, Stonewall" He said
"Let me go alone..please"
"No"
"Geor-"
"-no! Either we go together or not at all" he was stubborn.
"Fine.." She gave up pretty quickly, maybe she didn't mind him coming after all. Maybe she needed him.
The two sneaked out of the house a second time.
George followed where Astrid went.
"Take my hand" She said. George quirked an eyebrow.
"Are you asking to marry me?" He smirked
"We're apparating" She rolled her eyes at him.
"What? Where?" He asked. "We can't do this. Mum will eat our heads off!"
"Since when were you such a pansy, Weasley?"
"Since mum almost killed me last time"
"Either you take my hand or I leave without you knowing where I went" She was stubborn too and seemed urgent.
George took her hand and they apparated in seconds.

George didn't know what to expect when they left the small muggle town but quickly realized where they were.
He silently followed Astrid through the land before she stopped and sunk to her knees.
"Hey dad.." the cemetery was empty and covered in snow.
George stood behind Astrid, giving her her space.
"I turned 18 today, I'll be with you soon.." there was an audible sigh from George. He didn't want to face the fact that Astrid won't be around anymore.
"I miss you and I miss mum but what she did wasn't fair to you. I met Molly and Arthur after a long time.." Astrid paused and looked behind her at George. She tugged on his hand and motioned him to sit next to her.
"This is George...he gets me. You've probably seen him before. When he was born." She looked at George.
"Hello Mr. Stonewall.." George felt weird talking to a grave but he did it anyway for Astrid.
"Him and his brother are the second best pranksters in Hogwarts" A smile grew on Astrid's face.
"More like The best, Sir" he said sniggering.
"You still couldn't beat me! McGonagall caught me or else you wouldn't have"
"That is NOT true. But I gotta admit, your daughter is great" his gaze moved to the tombstone.
Jacob Stonewall
A great husband and even better father.
Astrid laughed slightly.
"I wish you were here. You probably would've killed George but that's fine with me" George gave her an offended look jokingly.
Astrid took her wand out and put some flowers at the grave.
"I'll see you next year.." Astrid said before realizing what she had said.
"Probably sooner than that..." She traced his name on the tombstone before standing up.
George followed suit and they walked a little away from the cemetery.
George didn't question where they were going or what they were going to do, he just followed Astrid where she went.
"This was my house..." Astrid and George stood before a one story house, painted white with a mail box in front. But the mailbox didn't say Stonewall on it. Not anymore.
"My last memory of my father was in this house and she just sold it" The girl leaned on George's chest who was standing behind her. He stood there silently. Astrid could hear his heartbeat quicken but his breath still steady.
"Let's go home" She said but didn't move. 

It took a quick second and George and Astrid were back at the door of Grimmauld place.
They didn't enter the house, they sat at the stairs in front of it.
"George?"
"Hmm?"
"Thank you..."
"Anything for you, love"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N
Thanks for reading my book! I really appreciate it!
If you get a lot of notifications (updates) from this book, I'm sorry. I'm trying to make it look aesthetic and add Gifs and dedicate songs to each chapter because music is life so I do it when I have time.
I hope you're liking this books so far! I'm currently writing chapter 37 and there's so much going on! I'm so excited to post more!
Let me know what you think!