// twenty-seven //

•Don't Break My Baby•

••••••

••••••

A L E J A N D R O  didn't answer Reina's call so she hang up the phone and sighed deeply, thinking about the events. To think it was still a morning felt unbelievable since Reina already wanted to hit the bed and sleep, the tiredness clear on her face.

The redhead moved to walk, looking back at the hallway, where she had left Valerio to stand, but he was already gone, Reina frowning when she realized that maybe she should've went home with him. Reina hoped Valerio didn't think he was a failure or that he ruined their chance at a happy future, because he didn't.

Valerio had changed and he wanted to do better. The whole drug business was for his study money anyway, but he quit a little too late. Reina blamed herself for that too.

Trying to think more positively, Reina started to walk again, hoping to spend her last day a little less dully. Reina continued to walk towards her next class, texting Valerio that she already missed him until someone caught up to Reina, the shorter figure taking Reina's arm to stop her. "Hey," Carla began, feeling awkward and guilt stricken as Reina stopped, looking at the blonde, who looked better than previously, her stomach pumped of all the drugs she had took during the short week.

Reina nodded her head so Carla exhaled, her hand not letting go of Reina's arm as if the redhead would run off. "I just wanted to say... I'm sorry, I'm sorry I refused your help, I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls," Carla apologized sincerely, holding onto Reina gently as the redhead stared at her without a particular emotion on her face. "You called a lot and I know you wanted to help me, and look how my need to be left alone turned out... I know you're with Valerio again and I didn't mean to be a cause of his expulsion."

"Are you done?" Reina asked her dully, Carla looking away since she thought Reina was still mad, and Carla knew she had every right to.

Carla looked upset and let go of Reina, avoiding her eyes at all cost. Reina, then however, smiled, taking her hands into her own. "It's not your fault, Carla," Reina mused softly, Carla glancing back at the redhead with an emotional look. "I get you, more than you can imagine. Being with someone you don't love takes a toll. But why? Why are you with Yeray?"

Reina noticed tears in Carla's eyes, the usually cold girl showing emotion Reina always knew she had deep down. Reina moved to walk, taking Carla further away from people as the blonde hugged her body, trying not to break down. "My dad's business is going to shit and... He wanted me to date Yeray so we wouldn't go bankrupt," Carla admitted silently so Reina gaped her mouth open, realizing Teodoro used his daughter like a hooker, this causing fury in Reina. "Not that it matters now... Yeray found out and everything's over."

"No, it's not. Yeray never loved you, too," Reina admitted so Carla scoffed dully, again avoiding Reina's eyes just because she couldn't let someone else to see she was crying. "You were just a trophy to someone who never had anyone before. Now when he had changed you were available and he didn't take a chance wasting it. You should talk to him, explain to him that there will be another girl who'll fall in love with him and he'll fall for her. Tell him you can still be friends."