// one //

The Desperate

••••••

••••••

5 M O N T H S  B E F O R E  all of Reina's fears could come true, before every little action that led to that one final moment would happen, she was truly back in a moment of utter unknown. Polo continued to stand at the bottom of the stairs of Las Encinas, staring at everyone he had ever crossed - Guzman and Samuel, Ander and Carla, even Reina, who still stood behind the duo of boys, finally meeting Polo's eyes. Reina could swear they softened and she wanted to stop sudden happiness upon seeing Polo back, someone she thought she would never see again or at least not in the years to come.

Reina knew what it meant, his comeback. She wasn't surprised or at least not as much anymore, realizing why the media was quiet this much because Polo was released. After all, they didn't have much evidence on him, just Carla's words.

And yet with Reina's happiness to see someone she had loathed to think about without breaking back quickly turned to anger, knowing damn well he didn't confess as she had once asked him to. As everyone had asked. Reina clenched her jaw and looked away, allowing Polo to see disappointment of a girl he wanted to hurt the least.

Before he could even fathom her look, his mother placed her hand on his shoulder, smiling at everyone cockily. Polo lost his glare, blinking back out of trance, trying to look at Reina again, but she continued to ignore his eyes, looking hurt he'd be back and cause another mess. He didn't want to be back, but he also didn't want to go to jail. Polo knew he was fucked up and Reina's look proved it to him that nobody, not even a girl he had feelings for, would welcome him back warmly. Why would she when all he ever did was drag her back into a mess that was for a second mended?

Azucena looked completely puzzled and shocked to see Polo back in school, but Begona, who still supported her son without knowing truly that he indeed was guilty, could only approach the principal, their words unheard to everyone.

Reina didn't want to raise her eyes up at anyone, because she felt Polo walk past them, his eyes also down despite his craving to just tell everyone it wasn't his choice to be back. The redhead closed her eyes in panic when Polo walked by, her anger bubbling inside her heart, numbing down her relief to see him back. It wasn't fair, Polo was being an idiot and Reina wanted to hate him, she kept repeating it until, when Polo was finally out of the hallway and in Azucena's office, she finally started to believe in it.

A few moments later, everyone were in class, Reina sitting down next to a very upset and fatigued looking Ander, knowing how hard he was taking this. They all were, but Reina at least had Guzman's forgiveness.