// eleven //

Lovesick

••••••

••••••

V A L E R I O 'S hand grip was firm, but not tight enough for Reina to believe he was going to hurt her in any way. It was always the same with Valerio - he was always soft with touches compared to how he'd seem to be, lulling Reina into comfort that heightened after quite some time of sharing intimacy with him.

The Montesinos led Reina into his new bedroom, showing how modest he's become from all the riches he used to possess. Well, his father's riches, but Valerio was never one to hide behind his dad's money.

Reina felt scared, nevertheless. She knew Valerio had heard everything that happened between her and Polo, how she hid his secret, in the end even helped the guy. The redhead didn't know whether Valerio was angry or betrayed even, because he had seen her with Polo numerous times, asking her what was going on, but she lied. In the end, his betrayal seemed to put only him at fault when actually they both were doomed since Reina found out about Polo.

The Ojeda felt like an idiot, believing Valerio wouldn't have listened in secret of what the conversation was about, but she also didn't think she'd snap at everyone like this, yet again proving others and herself how much she still wanted to protect Polo.

Valerio finally let go of Reina's hand, taking a few steps forward, his bare and broad back tensing as if someone had given him the shittiest news there were. Reina did feel guilty, for some reason she wanted to apologize, but she had yet to hear what Valerio was actually thinking about finally knowing why Reina was so distant during their relationship.

Reina thought about Salvador's words of moving on from Valerio, but even his touch that still lingered on her skin left the girl in a dream-state, Valerio's lack of clothing yet another huge issue. "Damn," Valerio finally scoffed, turning around to face the redhead, who looked up at his face, not hiding her discomfort that he now knew what had happened a few months ago.

"Yeah," Reina agreed dully, finally getting a gist of where this would be going. Just by seeing Valerio's disappointed expression made the redhead think that they were finally over. It made her heart burn, but she stood her ground just by thinking about Polo. After all, she still stood by her decision in wanting no partaking in whatever Samuel and Guzman were doing.

Still, having a feeling she and Valerio would be over from this day forward truly this time left the girl hurting. "Valerio, why am I here?" Reina asked despite knowing exactly why he dragged her into his bedroom, a place where they could finally talk without interruptions.

Valerio seemed to think the same thing. He chuckled incredulously, placing his hands on his almost bare hips, the towel slipping down slightly. Reina kept her eyes up, burning in front of him in painful fire. And yet she craved for more, no matter how pathetic it made her look. "As to the obvious reason that you knew all along about Polo, I'd say I just brought you here to finally know the truth," he couldn't even joke in a moment like this, his disappointment turning into frustration of knowing that Reina may have been on it with Polo for more time than he'd thought before.