// seven //

•Let Me Be The One•

••••••

••••••

I T  S U C K E D  being in class once again, especially after meeting Valerio and seeing how truly lost he was in his life. Reina tried to stop thinking about it but it was almost impossible, along with Polo, but the blue eyed boy seemed to stick by Reina's plead to stay away from her.

Reina hated how much she still spared her thoughts to Polo, seeing him be somewhat happy with Cayetana, but that was another story. The redhead knew Polo would stay in her mind until she'd sort things out with Valerio, if she sorted them. As of in that moment, the two males in her head was all Reina had.

Azucena stood in front of them once again, this time bearing good news, but these were not very important to Reina. Nevertheless, she saw how happy Nadia looked to have heard them since her conversation went just as bad as Reina's, apparently. "Yesterday, the school signed a program of studies with Columbia University, in New York, that guarantees access to that college. The program and the courses will be fully funded. Candidates will present their own academic projects by the end of the year, and the winner-"

"Funded by whom?" Samuel questioned the principal, cutting her off as Reina sat next to Nadia, glancing back at the serious boy. She still hadn't talked openly to Samuel after he came back, after she lied straight to his face and chose Polo's side. He looked calm, however, never once attacking Reina like he'd attack anyone else who crossed him.

Reina exhaled deeply, having an idea who the scholarship might be funded by. She wanted to glance at Polo, who sat right on her side, a mere path crossing them, but the guy didn't even face her and neither did Reina. "A generous sponsor. As I was saying-"

Samuel put the pieces very quickly, cutting Azucena off again as Nadia glanced at Reina with hopeful eyes, leaving the redhead to smile at her friend and take her hand. She noticed a look from behind and saw Lu looking at them, a small sneer on her face. "Yesterday?" Samuel then asked, causing Reina to glance away from Lu and at the guy. "I saw Polo's mother in your office."

Reina breathed out, letting go of Nadia's hand and sat back, sparing yet another glance at Polo, but he still didn't look back.

After the lesson, as Reina had expected, everyone began to discuss the news that Polo's mothers were the funders of a scholarship, a move of desperation as Samuel called it. Reina still sat in her seat, listening to Cayetana defend Polo, something Reina could only do in her head. "Listen... If Polo's mom's publishing house wants to sponsor it, so what?" the blonde exclaimed as Guzman paced at the back of the class, looking quite calm for someone who used to hate injustice. "You're always-"

Samuel, however, looked the angriest, worrying Reina. "They've already bought you off. Not the rest of us," he snapped at her and Nadia then spoke, causing Reina to glance back at Guzman to meet his eyes. She quickly averted them, not wanting the blond to see how much it tore her apart.