// nine //

•Online Maniac•

••••••

••••••

I T  S E E M E D there was no escape for Reina the more she thought about Ander's cancer. It consumed her mind for the most part during the last few weeks. Seeing him in that chair, pierced by needles like Maria brought a new sense of pain to Reina, one she never imagined she'd experience.

The whole ordeal with Lu and Valerio added to the already heavy luggage Reina had to wheel and whenever she'd see the curly haired guy, she'd think how much he allowed himself to pain. Reina never imagined Valerio to actually be this closed off, tortured alone when all he wanted was to make things right. Lu saw it, and for a second, Reina wondered whether Lu loved Valerio more than she did. After all, Polo was also consuming Reina's mind, probably more than Valerio now could.

Reina didn't want to waste her precious time thinking about Polo, but for the 100th time it was easier said than done. She couldn't control her mind, and even Salvador didn't have such a power.

However, he was good help and only by seeing him Reina knew she'd at least get some of herself sorted out.

Salvador was confused when he watched Reina pace from one side of his office to another, a gummy worm adoring her hands as she bit into some of it, her body needing sugar because she felt so bland. Salvador was the one to sit on the couch, where usually his patients sat as he listened to the stressed girl talk. "Ander has cancer and I feel like it's the only thing I can think about," she stressed, roughly bitting into the gummy and chewing, causing Salvador to reach for some of her brought sweets.

"It must be hard, I admit," he commented, without asking taking her candy to himself and leaning back to sit as Reina glanced at him with a knowing frown. "Does that make you feel incredibly sad or are you trying to live with it?"

Reina chuckled incredulously, staring at the window as rain poured onto it, the day mixing with night. Reina frowned, feeling melancholic once again as Salvador's obnoxious chewing made her nerves burst slightly. "Well, I think that instead of spending time here, I should be spending time with him or my sister, so it's up for you to decide whether I'm incredibly sad or trying to live with it."

Salvador smiled sarcastically, wiping his hands together to get rid of the sugar, his face comforting despite Reina wanting to jab his pen at it. She started to pace again, listening to Salvador talk. "You're doing pills and you've been showing progress. Even now, as you pace around this shows me you're slightly better," he commented knowingly, causing Reina to stop and face him in pure puzzlement. "Well, you used to lack energy to even look at me. However, this change of behavior also shows me you're not just doing better. You're frustrated and I know it's not just Ander or his disease."

Reina cursed in her mind, traveling back to Valerio and what Lu had told her, this revelation still eating at her. Before she could confess and get some things off of her chest, Salvador opened his mouth, looking mysterious and suspicious to Reina for being like this. "How're the things with your father, for example?" he questioned curiously so Reina sighed, not knowing what to even tell Salvador since they were doing fine, but just that.