// four //

•Pain Killer•

••••••

••••••

R E I N A  didn't know how much time had passed since Mateo was admitted to the hospital because of a heart attack, but surely not even a day passed, because in the evening, when she was supposed to prepare for the orientation week, she was at the hospital instead. The redhead still remembered seeing how weak her grandpa looked, laying in the bed with a sleepless Rubi next to him. Despite hating seeing her grandpa like this, he still managed to smile at Reina, telling her that everything would be okay, but would it?

This was a big wake up call for everyone since Mateo wasn't the same strong man Reina remembered growing up. Time did go by and Reina knew that someday she'd loose Mateo just like she'd loose everyone else, maybe even Maria. These thoughts pained her, surely, but it was life as Salvador said and Reina could only spend more time with everyone, making sure she'd spent enough to remember people after their deaths.

Reina knew these thoughts were too dark for her, but she couldn't think of anything else, especially since she knew Polo's confrontation was still happening. For a while Reina had debated coming to see, but she was too cowardly to see Polo or what would happen to him. No matter how much she wanted him to pay for what he did, she knew she would've broke if she saw him get taken away again.

Reina didn't want to sound horrible, but Mateo's heart attack came at an awfully convenient time.

The Ojeda female continued to sit in the hallway of the hospital, Susana still inside with her father since Rubi had to take a shift despite not wanting to. Susana and even Reina had to prove the shocked woman that they'd be there for Mateo and that he was in good hands. The females wanted Rubi to relax a little even if her job as a nurse was just as exhausting and unexpected.

Reina waited for Alejandro to bring them coffee. Her dad was still with her, especially after their first ever genuine hug and Reina still felt great after it. Alejandro was proving himself to be redeemable, after all, and yet again Reina could only think about Polo. He was a better person than Alejandro, but Reina didn't want to forgive him for a second time. It was difficult with him. Far more.

The girl waited for her father, actually waiting for him to comeback so the two of them could talk, but before Alejandro could come back with two coffees, Reina saw someone else enter the hallway, that person shocking her, but in a good way.

Nadia smiled slightly at Reina, having heard about Mateo from Guzman telling the teacher why she was absent from class, everyone shocked to hear another problem had hit Reina's family. The Shanaa girl tried to stay away from Reina, because she didn't take the redhead to keep something as dark a secret. On the other hand, Nadia had to forgive people if she wanted any friends left. After all, she thought she maybe would've done the same thing if Reina was the supposed criminal.