Chapter 14

Lydia's POV

We shopped around to a few more stores until Harry and Louis froze at one in particular.

"THIS ONE!!" They yelled simultaneously.

"What?" I mutter turning around since they had been walking in back of the group.

"What are you going on about?" Liam asks turning with me. Our eyes land on the window and I see Liam's eyes go wide while nodding quickly.

"No, I'm not going in there." I state keeping my stance the same.

"Of course you are. We've bought you every little thing you might need this summer besides the obvious." Niall says walking around to stand next to me.

"A bathing suit." Louis smirks.

"I don't like swimming." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why were you in the ocean then?" Liam asks pushing me a bit to knock me off my stance I was trying so hard to keep.

"I was thrown in by some drunk guys and I couldn't swim so I went under." I say in the best calm voice I can manage.

"Well....then let's teach you how to swim then!" Zayn cheers.

"Yeah we'll teach you at the same time too." Niall winks playfully at Zayn who blushes like crazy.

"I'm not going in there. I don't wanna learn how to swim, and I won't." I say defiantly shifting my weight to the other leg.

"Yes you are. We'll pick you up if we have to." Louis says with an evil glint in his sea colored eyes.

"I said no, no means no." I say backing up.

"Guys lay off; she doesn't want to look too much like a girl. Leave her to look like a guy then." Harry says no big deal fashion. He knows I can't resist a challenge so I glare at him while pushing my way through the crowd of five boys.

I hear a few gasp and I just shake my head and walk inside the bathing suit shop. I can't believe that I'm getting something. It's not like I'll wear it though, I can't go into water without knowing what's going to happen. Why can't I sprout a tail?

I took out a water bottle the boys had bought me -even though I hated it- I took it. I walked into a dressing room and opened the bottle. I put some along my arm wasting half of the bottle.

I closed my eyes tightly hearing the metal racks of bikinis move. Oh no. the boys were such perverts I swear.

"Hey, try this one on!" Louis cheers. He throws over a two piece skimpy bathing suit that barely covers anything. It was white and red stripped. Of course. Louis was known for striped things.

"Louis! This is so slutty! No!" I curse at him throwing it back over.

"Ow! I said try it on girl!" he shouts and the scraps of clothing get tossed at me.

"Fine!" I yell back at him. I look down at my arm and see that nothing happened. No tail? What?! What did Douglas put in me?!! Can I turn back into a mermaid ever again?! I wipe the water off of my arm and strip.

I slip on the bikini top and strangely enough it was the right size. Not surprised really. The boys had kept asking for my sizes while shopping and I told them everything not thinking anything of the sort.

The lady at one of the stores said it was strange that I trusted the boys so much with such 'personal' measurements. Hey! They asked I told. No big deal right?

I looked at the floor to ceiling length mirror to see my reflection. The triangles covered everything making me look not slutty but it defined me. The bottom part fit me too but I preferred my shorts to actual bottoms that related to thongs.