Chapter 22

Harry’s POV

No…this couldn’t be happening.

No, Lydia…she was in danger…I just knew it.

Looking through the countless pages relating back to the creeper of a man, Douglas, I found frightening things. I found pictures, ships, his face, and most importantly: blood.

Yes, I wanted to throw up from it.

My mouth was dropped and my eyes were wide as I clicked on a new link, the most recent from them all. It was an article from about a month or two ago.

‘Man found wallowing over missing and perhaps dead wife and daughter. Found last Monday, Douglas was pestering and watching children at the park while muttering curses and evil spirits down onto them. He was later reported by two families and wasn’t convicted of anything.’

Fear.

Cold blooded fear.

As I looked on more sites, I watched videos when the reports of his wife and daughter went missing. Douglas had claimed that sea creatures had made his little boat crash into rocks, which then made his wife and daughter fall off the side of the boat and into the watery abyss there was.

Aww.

His wife and daughter were killed.

Wait….by sea creatures? No…that couldn’t mean anything…Douglas didn’t know she was a mermaid, right? I mean, he couldn’t. They just met, she moved here…but wait...she was attacked! And then I found her with a needle in her leg?

No.

I got up and shut down the laptop. I turned on my phone –luckily having its waterproof case on- and searched for Louis’ number. When I found it I dialed for it.

“Ello?” Louis voice rang. He sounded bored which was very unlike him.

“Lou!” I said happily and energetically.

“Harry? Where are you? You didn’t come back last night after searching for Lydia…is something wrong?” he asks.

“Yes, where are you?” I tap my foot a mile an hour in worry. Please, please, please!

“At the house, why?”

“I need you to run to Ryan’s. Right now!” I yell as my heart quickens.

“Lydia’s Ryan?” I heard movement from the other side of the line.

“Who’s that?” I hear Niall ask.

“Harry.” Louis answers back.

“Where is he?!”

“In the middle of the ocean apparently.” I hear Zayn call. Oh shit. “Harry! How’d you get all the way out there?”

“Louis run to Ryan’s right now.”

“Why?”

“Because I need you to fucking do it, okay?!” I yell at him angered. “Is it so hard to listen for once?!”

Silence followed and I grew worried. No voices were heard…just silence.

“Fine.”

“Lou…I’m-”

“Nope, I don’t’ want to hear it.” Louis sad and scarily calm voice answers back.

“Lou!”

“No, shut up.” He answers and my heart drops to my stomach.

I hear more movement and then a door open and slam shut. The nerves I had felt for Lydia returned again and I remember that I couldn’t worry about anything else right now. Her pull was too strong.