Chapter 20

Lydia’s POV

Okay, maybe my plan wasn’t foolproof.

When the boat was close enough I left Harry alone and swam beneath the surface, far enough away to hear what was going on and see it.

Harry starting screaming and yelling, causing a huge scene like a diva. It was actually a bit adorable. It was like a he was a baby.

“Hey! Someone’s in the water!!” I heard a voice yell from one of the decks of the ship. Plan in motion, I repeat the plan is in motion.

“What?!” I heard someone else yell from the railing. I then saw a herd of people swarm the railing that was above Harry’s cold and wet figure.

“Help me!!” Harry yelled out, his deep voice vibrating in the air.

“Someone throw him a line!!”

“Someone help me!!” Harry yelled some more to put on a dramatic front. I laughed a bit to myself and I slipped under water. The sea water felt amazing on my skin as it glided and swirled along my skin and scales.

“What’s going on?”

“Why is someone in the middle of the ocean?”

“Is that Harry Styles?!” And so they recognize him after these past few minutes.

“OH MY GOD HARRY!!” A girl screams. How can they see that it’s him even though it’s nearing midnight?! These people have creepy seeing abilities.

Well, I shouldn’t be one to talk with creepy…abilities.

In minutes the workers of the ship have lowered a line for Harry to climb. I dip my head out of the water so just my eyes and nose were in the air. Harry grips the thick rope and then he lets his eyes scan the water’s surface for something.

For me.

He gives me an apologetic look –even though it was part of the plan, after all- and starts climbing the rope like he was made to climb ropes.

It was so amazing how even though he swam along with me for miles beyond miles that he still had the strength and energy to do that.

He was about two thirds of the way up when a wave banged into the side of the cruise liner –about 50 feet from Harry and his dangling body- causing the mist to be thrown at him.

I saw him slip.

He slipped five feet from his spot.

Then he started falling.

He started flailing his arms.

Then he plummeted.

He slipped under the dark ocean blanket.

“HAAAARRRRYYY!!!” I shrieked jumping from my spot and dove down into the water. I felt the salt water sting my eyes for a second before they adjusted.

Harry.

Harry.

Harry.

Where in god’s name are you?!!

I dove under the water and then I was once again met with the darkness that should be the sea, but wasn’t. The sea would never be my home.

I saw the little white air bubbles in one area where Harry could have fallen under. I dove down kicking with every last ounce in my body. I couldn’t let him go.

I couldn’t let Harry die.

I was about 50 feet from the surface and I hoped- no I prayed that Harry wasn’t down here, sinking to his doom.