Chapter 5

Lydia’s POV

I pulled on a light zipped up hoodie and went back downstairs.

“Are you coming?” I asked Ryan.

“Nah I need coffee in me first then I’ll come.”

“Fine but if he comes in with a bloody nose or bruised eye you can’t say I didn’t warn him.”

“Fine.” He says grabbing a mug out of the cabinet.

I walk outside and walk onto the deck. I walk to the railing to see where he went which is down the beach about 12 houses down. Some other people had joined him and I guess he was making teams with them. At one point I saw Chace turn around and look for me. He points at me then back at one of the boys who then waves me to come down with them.

I walk down the steps still watching the group of three boys. I walk along the now familiar sand and to the boys.

One has blond hair with brown roots and an oval face. The other has dark, dark hair in an up do with a varsity jacket and tannish skin.

Why would anyone want to wear a jacket in this type of weather? The world may never know.

“Hello Lydia I was just making teams for this little game here.” Chace says in a sweet voice.

“Sure who am I with?”

“Him.” Chace points at the blond.

“Does he have a name except ‘him’?” I say to Chace in an annoyed voice.

“It’s Niall.” The blond says in an Irish accent.

“Hello Niall, I’m Lydia.” I say.

“Cool so now can we get started?” the boy with dark hair says with a British accent.

“Maybe, who are you?” I say. He kind of reminded me of Chace with his attitude.

“Zayn Babe.” He says smirking.

“Hey only I call her Babe!” he says shoving Zayn playfully.

“Okay so let’s play so ball.”

We drew lines showing the goals and borders. Zayn strips off his jacket revealing a white muscle shirt.

Niall was to my left and Zayn was in front of me making Chace diagonal from me. Joy! These boys were so going down.

“Go!” Chace yelled and we all dove for the ball. I got out of the pile and my back was to the goal I needed to get the ball in. I lifted the ball kicking it backwards in the air. I ducked luckily and it went into their goal. Chace stood up looked at me and then the soccer ball then back at me.

“Damn hot and great at soccer!” he calls out.

“Hey watch it I can punch and kick too.” I say making a fist in the air.

“Sorry.” He says while running to get the soccer ball.

“So how do you know him?” Zayn asks.

“He’s visiting Ryan.”

“As in Carter?!” Niall asks getting excited “Wait aren’t you his girlfriend?”

“No I’m his little sister almost!” I yell out.

“Really so you single?” Zayn says smirking.

“Maybe.” I say giving him a weird look. Where’s Chace? I couldn’t have kicked the ball that far into the sand.

“Where’s Cha-” I say but am cut off when I’m lifted into the air suddenly by someone.