Chapter 17

Lydia’s POV

I stared at him nervously.

I didn’t move or even breathe.

“What are you doing still alive?!” Douglas screamed at me trying to hurry his pace towards me. “The poison was supposed to kill you!” he spits a bit. I back away from him and I quickly turn and run in the other direction. “Come back here!”

I don’t listen though. I run for the sidewalk up the sand hill and I finally meet concrete again. I run across the street dodging cars, which are honking like mad at me.

Oh yeah, I forgot I was covered in food still, from head to toe.

I made a mad dash along the sidewalk. I could see Douglas trying to make it up the hill but being an old man has stopped him. He fell into the sand and started mumbling things to himself.

I ran a few more blocks before stopping to catch my breath. I didn’t recognize anything at all in this area.

Where was I?!

I pulled out my phone and looked at my screen.

6 missed calls from Ryan…..and 18 missed calls from Harry plus 4 texts from Harry?!

What was this?

What was he still interested?!

I basically yelled at him and he still cares?

What is the madness?!

I unlocked my phone and looked at the messages he sent me.

Harry: Lydia!! What happened?! Text me or better yet call me xxx

Harry: Lydia!! Pick up your phone!! Call me xxx

Harry: I still care!! Why did you yell at me?! Call me xxx

Harry: Lydia, please call me I’m worrying xxxxxxx

I kept flipping through the messages.

“Damn you’re confusing.” I mutter to myself. I go to my other messages and find Niall.

I wrote: Hey Niall, are you busy?

I shut my phone and started walking like a normal human being the direction I was heading in before. I saw people pointing and staring at me even though it was really dark right now. I looked at the time…..8:30?! Where did the time go?!

He wrote: no….aren’t you out with Ryan?

I wrote: yeah…it ended badly, can you come pick me up? Please? xo

He wrote: sure….why not ask Harry? ;)

I wrote: can we not talk about him.

He wrote: why? Trouble in paradise? :P

I wrote: Niall, please I need you right now.

He wrote: oh? I’m on my way! :O

I wrote: thanks

He wrote: where are you?

I wrote: um…beach….there’s a couple shops near the restaurant I told you Ryan was taking me to.

He wrote: okay :) on my way

I wrote: thank you Niall. Oh and bring towels.

He wrote: towels….? Okay O.o

I wrote: don’t ask

He wrote: sure…

I stood around waiting on the blond boy. I wiped off as much of the sauce and food as I could. I was still covered in weird foods and smells. I shoved a few mushrooms out of my messed up hair, then I took out the pasta that made its way down my dress.