Chapter 4

Lydia’s POV

I woke up early this morning.

I went to bed at around midnight last night and I woke up at 5. Yes I’ll admit it I’m not the average teen; my mom used to wake me up at five to start the day so it’s my inner clock working.

It gets annoying trust me.

I decide to go for a swim. I get up grabbing my phone and I walk into the bathroom. I brush my teeth quickly and then walk out into the almost dark.

I feel my way to Ryan’s room diagonal from me. I peek in and creep to the side of his bed.

“Ryan…I will be back-”

“Shut it and go away.” He mutters loudly.

“I’m going swimming.” I say to him.

“That’s great, don’t for get to pick up milk.”

“What the hell?” I say walking out of his room.

I walk down the stairs and through the kitchen and into the living room so I can walk outside to the deck. The sun wasn’t even coming up yet.

I looked down at my phone and started going through the contacts.

I wonder where that Louis boy is now.

My finger hovered over the button. I pressed the call button and I put the phone to my ear.

It rung and rung but I got no answer.

I sighed loudly. What was I hoping to get out of this? Friendship? Relationship? Stalkership?

I walked straight to the ocean not stopping at all. I dropped my phone in the sand not caring where it went.

I kept on going for the water running now. As soon as I felt the cool water touch my legs in dove. A bright light appeared and my legs changed forms.

I surfaced as a mermaid and I started swimming stretching out my tail to its full extent. The ocean was so big and this was the first time I’ve ever been in salt water. My scales became shinier and smoother.

I guess this is like a mermaid shower for me. 13 years of built up ‘mermaid dirt’.

I swam along the shore line as I looked through the sea blue water. It was so clear that I could see the shimmer of my tail and skin.

I swam for what seemed like hours.

I saw that the area I was swimming towards had a lot of old boats that were rusty and dirty. I swam still to see if they actually worked or if they were fishing ships.

I swam to the edge of the dock, where older boats were tied, and hoisted myself up to sit on the wooden planks.

My tail was out of water so two minutes later my tail turned back into legs.

This place seemed odd and out of place in this modern busy city.

I walked along the boards and climbed up a ship. I walked along the dirty, scummy surface looking around.

No information turned up. I heard a slight creek in back of me and my head turned fast. I saw nothing except the light from a small room or office.

I walked back to the edge of the boat and hopped back on the dock.

I walked along until I spotted a white and brown boat with sails that were handmade as if it were a pirate play flag. Except this flag had all red and one blue and one white stripe intersecting in the middle diagonally. I wonder what that stood for.