Chapter 35

Lydia's POV

Meet me at your heaven.

The simplicity in that phrase was overwhelming.

A heaven could mean many things. It could be with your family, travelling around the world maybe. It could be performing on stage in front of millions.

A heaven is something that relaxes you, yet thrills you whenever in sight. Your heart starts racing and adrenaline begins to pump through your veins.

My heaven, Harry was referring to, was hidden. He knows where it is, every detail of the place now clear in my mind. Everything from the rocks to the sandy shore to the water. I missed the water, how it was my first home compared to the sea I had visited months before today.

"What are you going to do, Lydia?" I ask aloud, beginning to pace the floor in front of the window. I look out the window to the trees. "Are you really out there?"

I look at my coat strewn across my mess of a desk. Harry's gift was in the right pocket, his first note folded up neatly one more. The second note he left for me -the one I found on the door when we got back- was crushed in my coat pocket.

"What do you want me to do, Harry?" I whisper.

What if it's not him that wrote the notes and left the necklace? What if, by chance, it's someone else playing him, being an imposter?

Well this sucks, paranoia has kicked in now.

It's him.

I walk to my desk, picking up the coat. I shove my hand into the pocket, retrieving the jewelry store's box. I open the lid in the palm of my hand.

The msotly white half of the yin-yang symbol was staring back at me with it's one black eye.

I'm the bad in your good, you're the good in my bad. His words stuck with me so painfully. Why he have to write that? Didn't he know that it would hurt me?

I shake my head, angry with myself. I couldn't believe this. I slip the necklace out of the box, letting the cool metal alow goosebumps to rise along my arm.

I pinch my fingers around the silver chain, holding it I pull it over my head to lay around my neck. The pendant hung low on my chest. I pick my coat back up, slipping it on over my long sleeve and the necklace.

I pat my pocket, making sure the second not was where I left it. I pull on my winter boots, glad that they weren't covered in too much snow.

I knew he had to be there, why else would he insinuate it?

I toss my phone on my bed, not wanting to be distracted by the outside world.. A grin spreads across my face as a familliar adrenaline rush surges again.

I rush out of my room, zipping my coat as I descend the stairs. I see Dad in the living room on the opposite couch of Chace; who was still sleeping silently. Dad looks up from the book he was reading and quirks a suspiscious eyebrow at me.

"Where are you off to?" His voice calls. I walk passed the living room, to the kitchen where the back door leads off to the forest. "Lydia!"

"Out, I'll be back...sometime." I respond staring out the backyard window.

I pull the door open, the rush of cold air stinging my already red cheeks. I step out, slamming the door shut as I exit.

The newly fallen snow laid across the already piled high hills. I step into it, sinking a foot instantly. Mumbling curse words to myself, I yank my foot out, taking another step towards my destination.