Chapter 3

Lydia’s POV

We started to drive through a really nice looking neighborhood. The houses were huge and wide and they were kept in top shape. The houses were along the beach too so It was a plus when I ever needed to get my mermaid out.

The house we pulled up to was a new modern looking beach house (see pictures). I walked out of the car with a few bags in my hands. I took out my phone still staring at the place in awe.

I texted Ryan: “holy shit your house is huge!”

I heard a faraway door close or open and then a few seconds later Ryan appeared at the door with a huge smile on his face.

Emma got out of the car too. She went to the back to unpack our stuff with the driver.

Ryan ran down he stone steps and to me within seconds and enveloped me into a hug that I couldn’t breathe from.

“Lydia!!” he screamed when we made contact.

“Ryan!!” I did the same voice as him.

“I’ve missed you Kiddo!”

“Same here. Can I go pick my room?!” I asked jumping up and down excitedly.

“Sure I’ll get Ivy to come pick up your bags.

“Thanks Ryan!” I said kissing his cheek and running into the house. Damn it was bigger on the inside. Well I wouldn’t expect anything different than a giant TV, huge couch to match it, lots of neat looking chairs, a full kitchen that could feed any army and a half, plus more cool rooms.

The house was wide and open.

I ran up the stairs and the first room I found, I fell in love with. It was beautiful with a big blue bed, windows that were perpendicular to the roof, and it just felt so nice a homey. There was a chair and a foot rest by the door so I could stare out at the water when I was relaxing. Plus a double sinked bathroom!

Ryan walked through the door and leaned against the frame.

“Like it?”

“Like it? I love it!” I said running to give him a hug.

“I knew you would I designed this room just for you.”

“Really? You know me so well!”

“Well it kind of helps when I’ve known you your whole life.”

“Yeah just a bit.” I say walking through the room some more. He follows me when we go outside on the balcony. We lean against the railing looking out onto the water.

“It’s beautiful.” I state.

“Yes it is.” He says.

“You are so lucky you get to live here!” I say nudging him.

“I’m only lucky when I’m with the people I love most.”

“Aww I feel flattered. Look you’re making me blush.” I say sarcastically.

“How have you been Miss. Mastermind?”

“Um…great I guess my mom is still forcing education on me even if-” I was cut off.

“-you graduated when you were 7. Yes I remember.” He smirks down at me “how has the inner you been?”

“Fine I’ve had some pretty close calls but I’m a fast runner luckily.”

“Yeah here you’re going to have to be more careful because people here don’t care if they spill stuff on you or anything. Just don’t go out in the water without telling me okay. I don’t want to find you missing just to find you in the ocean.”