Chapter 6

Lydia’s POV

I walk down the steps to hear music banging way too loud in my ears. People are dancing dirty or just dancing so close in general that I can’t tell them apart.

The lights are down low and random lights are flashing. I didn’t even know he had lights like those to be honest.

People are walking by, probably drunk off their asses, stumbling holding onto the wall and other people for support.

Somebody fell in front of me with bright bleach blond hair and I stepped over them.

“Hey baby where you going?” some guy said stepping in front of me. He was probably in his thirties but me being the ‘old’ looking teen I looked around his age.

“Away from you. I thought Hollywood guys were sophisticated and mature not idiotic and stupid.” I say to him. He rolls his eyes and walks away going to a new girl. Maybe I should learn that line in case more people hit on me.

I walk away to the kitchen to sit down. I sit by a couple making out and I turn away. Unfortunately a figure sits to the empty seat to my left and it’s a recognizable face.

“Hey Babe, you look great!” Chace says holding a bottle of….vodka?

“Thanks you don’t look that bad either.” I note seeing his white dress shirt that has the top two buttons unbuttoned, a lose black tie, and black pants and shoes.

“Thanks I work hard on my look.” He says taking a swig of the bottle. His noses scrunches up slightly when he swallows it.

“Not the best to drink is it?” I ask him.

“Well its good just not….satisfying.” he says smirking down at me. I roll my eyes. If this was what parties were like then I don’t really mind missing them.

A red head guy with sunglasses on walks over to me and he smiles a drunken smile.

“Hey baby wanna dance?” he slurs out.

“No, I-” I get cut off.

“She’s with me buddy walk away before you get a black eye and bloody nose.” Chace says wrapping his arm around my shoulders pulling me closer and smiling creepily at the guy.

“It’s just one little dance nothing more.” He drunkenly goes on.

“I-” I get cut off yet again.

“I said walk away before you get hurt. If she wants to dance it’s going to be with me and not you. Got it buddy?” Chace says getting a bit angry. The guy rolls his eyes at him.

“Yeah sure like she wants you.” He says chuckling weirdly.

“I rather have him than you.” I say confidently with me eyebrows scrunched together in disgust.

“Whatever see you later baby.” He says winking at me leaving. Chace moves to stand up but I stick my leg out stopping him so that’s it’s raised horizontally. Chace groans a bit staring at the newly exposed tan skin since the dress rose more.

“I can’t wait any longer Lydia.” He mumbles so quietly that I almost miss it. Almost.

“For what?” I ask him.

“What? Oh nothing. Do you want to go outside….and walk around the beach?”

“Is walking the same as earlier today or is it actually walking?” I say smirking.

“I don’t know depends how I’m feeling then.” He says smirking, since he used my line from before, and grabbing my hand pulling me outside. The night is beautiful. The sky is a dark blue and bright purple mixed with slight golden orange.