Chapter 21

Lydia's POV 

And just as quickly as I closed my eyes they were open again.

I was in a room. People were all around me, someone was holding my hand, another was arguing with a person not in my view.

But one thing.

I was under water still.

What. The. Hell.

I sat up and I looked around. Air of some sorts was flowing through my veins but I haven't seen the surface of the ocean since....

Harry.

Where was he?

Is he looking for me?

Is he safe?

Am I safe?

Who are these...mer-people?!

"Um...where am I?" I ask. The person holding my hand -the one that helped me save Harry- turned and looked at me. His green eyes blazing into mine.

They were...familiar to say the least. His light blond hair was nearly the color of sand but as it swished in the water I could see the dark roots hidden.

"Who are you?" I question him yanking my hand out of his grasp. He scrunches his dark brown eyebrows -that went against his blond hair- down at me. I sat up and saw that things were attached to my body. It looked like wires, but it couldn't be, right?

We were underwater!

"I'm Austin." He tells me. Austin...nope, that name didn't ring a bell anywhere.

"Lydia..." I say to him.

"How are you feeling Lydia?" he asks me. I look over at him. He had green eyes, light blond hair; he was young, my age probably if not older.

"I'm in pain and I'm confused as hell." I answer swinging my tail over the side of the bed; the side of a sand bed. Well, this is new.

"Why?" he asks. "Why are you confused?"

"Why am I underwater?" I grab at my hair. "Why am I down here?"

"I thought you...belonged-"

"Austin?!" A male voice yelled out.

"One second." Austin tells me, sticking up a finger.

"Wait!" I call out as he leaves from his spot next to me. I reach my hands out but my body can't move due to the 'wires'.

"I'll be right back-"

"No!" I say hoping that the only familiar thing in this room would stay with me.

"Lydia." He states.

"Austin!" The male voice calls out again.

"I'm coming!" Austin answers back.

"Don't leave me! I don't know anyone....here." I say the last part to myself because he already left the room. I was stuck inside a room, underwater, with mer-people I didn't know.

I didn't even know that cities of mer-people existed!

"Miss, we need you to take this." A nurse with black ringlet hair and a light purple tail tells me. I stare at her in shock. This couldn't be happening. I was passed out somewhere.

All of this didn't happen, this is a dream!

"No." I tell her, pushing her outstretched hand away. Her smile vanishes from her face but she pushes the little hollowed out rock, used as a cup, towards me.