Chapter 33

Lydia's POV

It was officially my last day of freedom.

Today was day 7 and I wasn't at work today. It was a Friday and I would usually have two classes today, but the snow storm that had engulfed New England caused the power to stay out.

"I honestly don't know what to make for dinner anymore." Chace tells me, plopping down onto the couch next to me. He kicks his feet up on the coffee table and leans back, lacing his fingers behind his head. "Ideas?"

"Ask David." I tell him, changing the channel to a cooking show. Looking at the food they were making only made me more hungry, hopefully giving Chace ideas for what to cook.

"Ask me what?" David's voice is heard coming down the stairs.

"Chace doesn't know what to make," I tell him not looking up from the TV. "What do you feel like eating?"

"You know, I bet the town still has shops open." David says and I finally look up at him as he sits on the adjacent couch. He wore dark red plaid pants and a white t-shirt. He was borrowing the clothes from Chace since he couldn't fit into my small clothes. Figures, he was a grown man afterall.

"So?" I question him, clicking the TV off. I criss-cross my legs and turn towards him.

"Want to go out to eat?" He shrugs at me and I pause thinking about it. Mother and I had gone out quite a bit when I was younger. Recently, we hadn't gone into town as much.

"I don't know what there is still. I haven't been in for leisure activites for a long time." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"Is she really that controlling?" David scrunches his eyebrows at me, looking shocked once more.

"Yeah, she is a bit...strict." I roll my eyes to myself.

"Whoa, you two really are related." Chace mutters, and I look over at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You both just rolled your eyes, it was like a mirror." Chace nudges my arm and I hit him in the chest. "You meany."

I laugh, "Don't lie, you love me."

"Watch it," David tells me, a slightly strict. "So, want me to take you two kids out?"

I raise my eyebrows, my mouth holding a small smirk, "What?"

David shakes his head at me, "I want to take you guys out, is that alright?"

"No," Chace rushes in quickly. "Do you not know who I am?"

"Some guy from LA?" David asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm in movies and TV shows." Chace tells him in such a blunt way that I want to laugh.

"Really? Could have fooled me." David shrugs at us, making me crack a grin. "Just get disguised or soemthing. We are going out, that's final." And with that, David stands up to go get ready.

"I wonder if he's always like that," Chace says aloud.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Forceful and sarcastic."

"And you all wonder where I get it from? Honestly, where have your brains gone?" I get off the couch and run up the stairs. I walk into my room, the mess on my desk only having grown since day 1 of being a professor.

When I told Davi- wait, no. Let me try that again. When I told me dad I was a university professor, he kind of flipped his shit. Excuse my language.

He kept telling me that I was too young to be working at such a level. He said that I shouldn't even be working at my age. When I explained to him that I graduated at the age of 7, he told me that I should be out in the world. He told me to go traveling and meet new people.