Chapter 11

Harry’s POV

I was walking back to the house after leaving Lydia’s place.

I couldn’t get her out of my mind. She was just stunning. She was just as smart and quick on her feet for trying to make that mad dash for the kitchen before.

I just wish I knew what happened to her. It seems to me that she is hiding something from everyone; something bad or something dark.

“Oomph!!” I said as I fell to the sand. I looked up to see Niall standing over me with a much confused look on his Irish and innocent face.

“What is wrong with you?” he asked sticking his hand out to pull me up. I grasped it and felt the ground disappear beneath me as I was yanked up quickly.

“Nothing I was just…thinking.” I say brushing the sand off my shorts. It was almost 10 o’clock and I wanted to get home to eat since I was starving.

“About what?” Niall asked me. I fell into step beside him, me on the water side of us.

“Oh nothing really. Say do you-” I start.

“Really? You were thinking so hard about nothing that you ran into me? Well that’s a new thing for you Harry…” Niall says sarcastically.

“Hey I’m allowed to think about nothing!” I retaliate.

“Did you hear what you just said?” he asks me.

I think about it. Wow I’m stupid. “I mean it’s not like I have to think all the time I’m allowed to be quiet and peaceful like any other-” I start again.

“Mate, I was joking.” Niall says stopping my rambling. “Man you are tired from staying up all night.”

“A bit ironic don’t you think?” I ask him since he referenced our song.

“That was the point.” Niall says in an -are-you-stupid? - fashion.

“Oh well…good one.” I say when we walk up the deck steps. We walk across the large and wide length of the deck to the sliding glass doors. I enter and I immediately smell something burning.

“LOUIS?!!” I scream running to the kitchen. I take the pan that’s on fire and throw it in the steel sink turning on the faucet. The fire goes away within seconds but I turn back to the kitchen and pop the toast out of the toaster along with a…donut?

I turn back to Louis to see a horrified look on his face as he stares at the pan in the sink. I set a cold glare at him. Was he trying to burn down my new house I got a week ago?!! His gaze turns to me but his position doesn’t move. His face loses all of its color as it goes from tan to sickly pale.

“I’m so sorry Harry!! I was just-” he starts by getting on his knees pleading with me.

“I don’t want to know.” I say holding up a hand to stop him. He freezes for a second and stands up sitting on the stool for the island. “I’ll just make breakfast for us.” I mutter.

I walk to the fridge and grab the carton of eggs and a new pan. Then I start making scrambled eggs adding a few spices into it. I then, while the eggs are cooking, get new bread out to make toast. I put the toast in it and then go and check on my eggs. They aren’t done yet so I lean back on the island watching my food. Yeah I can cook big deal.

I turn my head to see Niall already eating cereal and a few granola bars. I shake my head at him and smirk a bit. “Louis go wake up Liam and Zayn.” I say knowing that Zayn would still be sleeping and that Liam fell back asleep when I left with Niall and Lydia.