Chapter 9

Lydia’s POV

“Wow.” Ryan says after everything we explained to him.

“Yes, it all happened.”

“So should we report that Douglas guy?” Niall asks.

“No, they wouldn’t do anything unless he actually killed someone.” Ryan mutters gloomily.

“But he could have killed her!!” Harry bursts.

So far I explained everything from the party, excluding getting hit on and drinking, and walking and Douglas coming out of nowhere and Chace and I ran off to the pier. Then I explained him and I separating and Douglas throwing that thing down on my leg.

I had to make up the next part of the story saying that I was trying to get back to shore but I was pushed way too far out by the storm and I felt almost paralyzed from what was injected into me. Then I explained getting hurt by the rocks and then passing out.

Harry explains seeing me from his balcony after the storm and finding me down on the beach. Then he explains how his friend, Liam, took out the needle and Harry brought me inside. Then he told us that he called the doctor that came and bandaged me up and then he explained that I was passing in and out of consciousness. Then when I fully recovered they explained those events too.

Everyone was silent for a moment after that. I took the time to look at the appearance of the four boys in front of me.

Chace had the same shirt on as last night and his hair flew in different directions and he had dark circles around his eyes and bags under it. Ryan looked about the same but he was shaking slightly from worry.

Niall had his blond hair messy too and he had covered his eyes with his hand claiming to have a hangover from the party. I thought it was funny how he partied too hard but still made the effort to help me.

Harry was a different story. He had his curly hair sitting on his head. Every now and then he would shake it and his curls would flutter for a moment or two. His green eyes were filled with mixed emotions and he looked tired. He had explained staying up throughout the night in case I woke up.

I smiled a bit at his fret over me. He was a nice guy. His eyes were so pretty though and they resembled mine a bit, but somehow he made green eyes work unlike me. I smirked a bit but then it dropped when Harry cleared his throat, from across from me, showing me that I was caught staring at him and checking him out.

I looked away blushing and I bit my bottom lip chewing on it.

“What’s wrong Lydi?” Ryan asked from next to me. He had refused to leave my side.

“What?” I asked my attention snapping to him from Harry. “What do you mean?”

“Well you’re chewing on your bottom lip and that means that you’re either troubled or embarrassed. Which is it?” he asks. I blushed a bit continuing to bite down on my lip. I stopped it knowing that that wouldn’t help my argument.

“Troubled is all. I’m a bit worried about Douglas.” I say.

“Ha don’t worry. We’ll be here to protect you. Plus you’ve made some new friends and I’m sure that they will keep an eye on you too. Right guys?” Ryan says turning to look at Niall and Harry.

“Yeah definitely plus Louis and Liam are back at the house and they wanted to watch out for her too.” Harry says looking at me then to Ryan.

I was currently sitting in a stool at the counter in the kitchen. Chace was too my right, Ryan to my left both of them sitting, and Niall and Harry were on the other side of the counter leaning on it facing us.