Chapter 6- Our New Power! A Miracle Born From Our Combined Powers!

They began to gasp for breath as they began to get up. "We're.....back to....normal!" Aika gasped. Natsu weakly looked around and let out a gasp of shock. "N....no!" "Natsu? Wha.....what's wrong?" Momoka weakly asked. "They......got away.....we lost." The others stared in disbelief. "Wha....what?!" Akari gasped. "I.....can't believe it!" Momoka exclaimed. "We've lost....we've been defeated...." said Aika. The girls got to their feet and marveled over their defeat on their way home.

They canceled the rest of the party as they weren't in the mood to party. Natsu went straight home, climbed up the stairs to her bedroom and lay on her bed. "Some leader I am!" She shouted. "Just as I was chosen as their leader, I've let them down! This is all my fault, for not being a good leader! How could I have been so stupid?!" Just then she heard a knock on her door. It was her older sister, Asuka. "Natsu? Could you keep it down? Mom's trying to rest." "Oh, sorry." "Is everything okay in there?" "Yeah, everything's fine." "Are you sure?" "Yes. Now can you please leave me alone?" "Okay...if you say so."

The rest of the day seemed to drag on and on even though us was Saturday. She stayed in her room all day, lamenting on what happened. She hardly left her room and only did a little bit of schoolwork as she wasn't in a productive mood. She tried reading her favorite book of fairytales to cheer herself up, but it only worked for so long. Reading about all these courageous leaders reminded her just how much of a failure she was a leader. Pearl had stayed away from Natsu as she wanted to be alone.

The next day, things were the same. Natsu stayed in her room avoiding Pearl and everyone else. That is until she hears a knock. But it's not from her bedroom door. It's from the front door. She opens her door and walks downstairs to the front door. She open the door to see Aika with Momoka and Akari behind her. "Natsu? Please let us in." Aika pleaded. "We haven't seen you since yesterday, we just want to know if you're okay." said Momoka. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." Natsu lied. "Just let us in." said Akari. "Oh okay," Natsu sighed. They all walked in and sat at the same table as yesterday. "So Pearl, about yesterday...you said that you knew Quartzite. Is that right?" Aika asked.

"Yes. That's true." said Pearl. "Would you care to explain this?" "Yes. You see, Quartzite or Quartz is my older sister. She's the future heir to the Crystalline Kingdom." "Sister? Future heir? Then that means.....you're the Queen's daughter?!" Momoka gasped. "Yes. I'm the youngest daughter of Queen Rose Quartz and a princess of the Crystalline Kingdom. Anyway, when Moonstone invaded, everyone except me have been sealed in a magic spell when the Crystal Lights were stolen. Or that's what I thought. I now know, that Quartz hadn't been sealed and instead got brainwashed by Moonstone and became evil."

"No way!" Akari exclaimed. "That's awful!" Aika sighed. "Don't worry, Pearl! We'll definitely get your sister back!" said Momoka. "No....no we won't.." Natsu's face fell. "Natsu? What are you saying?" "You were there, weren't you? You saw how powerful she was from the others. We nearly died back there! She defeated us! It's over!" "But Natsu! What about that couple? We need to return their sparkle! They won't return to normal if we don't defeat it!" "I know! I want to save them too! I don't want to give up, but I just can't......" Natsu's voice dragged off. "Natsu?" "This....was my fault. This all happened because I was a terrible leader. I've failed you all. This never would have happened if I wasn't the leader. I shouldn't even be a Pretty Cure!"

"Natsu! Don't say stuff like that! That's not true and you know it!" Momoka exclaimed. "She's right, Natsu! The Crystal Light chose you for a reason! You had a very special potential that is rare in most girls your age!" Pearl exclaimed. "But....I've let....all of you down....I'm not worthy of being your leader." "Natsu, please listen to me. I've been your friend for as long as I remember. You've always been there for me no matter what and always guided me down the right path. You stayed with me and never left my side. Even after all those years, you're still the same Natsu I know and love. You literally sacrificed yourself to save me from the Dark Sparkle the other day. So, don't go saying that you're not a good leader just because we lost a battle!"