Chapter 9~ Momoka's Distress! Fake or True Friends?

Ever since befriending Natsu and the others and becoming a Pretty Cure, a lot has changed for Momoka. In the past, she always had act the way people expected her to act and lived in constant fear of them finding out her secret. She was now free to truly be herself and not have to hide anything. She never had friends like them before and they accepted her with open arms. She was really happy to have met them.

That day started out as normal, attending class and chatting with her friends. But as the school day came to an end, she was approached by none other than her old friends. "Hey Momoka!" She turned to them and responded with a simple, "Hey." "What's going on with you? You haven't been talking to us lately. Is everything okay?" Momoka simply glared at them. "I'm fine. It's just that I've made new friends now. Natsu, Aika and Akari." "Are you seriously saying your friends with those losers?" "They're not losers! They're amazing! They're the best friends I've ever had!"

"Is that so? You know if you hang out with them, you won't be popular anymore. Is that really what you want." Momoka looked at the floor. "I know. But I'd rather be unpopular than have fake friends like you! Now if you excuse me, I've got study hall." She casually walked away from them. They glared at her, clearly angry. "Now she's done it. If we aren't her friends, no one is." They whispered to each other and came up with a nasty plan.

Meanwhile, Natsu, Aika and Akari were chatting out in the courtyard without Momoka as she was at study hall. As they were chatting, they saw one of Momoka's friends appear ahead of them. "Ugh, it's her, one of Momoka's 'friends'" said Natsu. "She's horrible. I can't believe she was actually friends with her." said Aika. "Yeah. She's better off without people like her." Akari added. "Let's go somewhere else." Natsu suggested. They nodded in agreement. As they left their spot, they were unaware that the very girl had recorded their conversation.

The next day, Momoka ran to school as she was running late. She ran without stopping to catch her breath. She finally arrived at school and changed her shoes. She began to head to the courtyard to meet with her friends. She spotted her friends chatting in the courtyard. Just as she was approaching them, she stopped dead in her tracks. "Ugh, it's her. Our 'friend' Momoka." "She's horrible. I can't believe we're actually friends with her." "Yeah. We're better off without people like her." Even though she couldn't see them, she could truly believe those voices. She felt tears falling from her eyes. She ran back into the school and locked herself in the bathroom.

She couldn't even describe how devastated she was after hearing that. And right when she thought she finally had true friends, when they're also fake. That is until a thought crossed her mind. She didn't want to think it was true. She walked out the bathroom to look for a few certain people. Sure enough, she happened to spot them in a local classroom. "Wow, I can't believe it actually worked. Momoka is so gullible!" One of them snickered. "Who would have known that she would actually get fooled by an edited recording!" She couldn't believe what she heard. They actually tried to sabotage her friendship!

She could hardly control her anger as she stormed into the room. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!" She yelled at them. "I CANT BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY HAD THE NERVE TO SABOTAGE MY FRIENDSHIP LIKE THAT! YOU GUYS ARE AWFUL!" She stormed off in a fury without looking back. She could hardly focus on her studies that day. She was still mad about that morning. She literally had to take deep breaths to prevent herself from pushing her desk to the ground in anger.

When the lunch bell rang and she went to meet her friends for lunch, she happened to run into two of the girls from before. But this time, there was something different about them and she knew why. Their sparkle had been taken. Even though what they've done was unforgivable, she couldn't just leave them there. She's a Pretty Cure after all. She took out her locket and transformed. "The warmth of the gentle breeze! Cure Hazel!"

She teleported outside the school to see a Double Dark Sparkle standing before her. "Oh no. It's a Double Dark Sparkle." "That's right! Let's see what you can do alone!" Quartzite sneered. "Oh bring it on!" She ran to the Dark Sparkle and laid a good shot at it. But since it wasn't a normal Dark Sparkle, this luck didn't last long. She was quickly knocked down over and over. "Enough already! Why are you two so at it on causing me pain?!" She snapped. The Dark Sparkle stopped dead in its tracks. "Is it out of envy? To feel better about yourself?"

"What are you talking about, you idiot?" Quartzite sighed. "Listen here! Nothing good comes from making others suffer! And this goes for you too, Quartzite! I know that deep down inside, that there is good in you guys!" Quartzite didn't say anything for a while, but snapped out of it. "Dark Sparkle! Finish her, already!" Luckily, the others arrived just in time and shielded Hazel. "Sorry we're late, Hazel. We would have been here sooner if Akari hadn't lost her locket in homeroom." said Crystal. "Well, sorry!" Ruby sighed. "It's okay! Let's just finish this!"

Group Attack Sequence
The cures summon their Sparkle Star Batons. They then change form and become wands. "Sparkle Star Baton! Wand Mode!" The cures grab onto the wands and they each draw a star of their color. The stars become one and the cures stood in front of it with their newly formed wands. "The power of our combined stars shall return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Shining Star Blast!" They shot the star with their wands and right at the Dark Sparkle. It got caught in a loop with all of the cures colors. "We're sparkling....." the Dark Sparkle said as it divided and was purified.

"Ugh, I lost again. But I won't next time." She said as she disappeared. "Well, that's another crisis averted." said Akari. Momoka turned to her friends. "Um, can I ask you guys something?" "Sure, what is it?" said Natsu. "Are...we really friends?" Momoka asked. "Of course we are! We truly love you, Momoka!" said Aika. All four of them ran up and gave her a big hug. She knew right then and there that she was right all along. They really were her true friends.