Chapter 23~ The Power of Our New Ally! Knights in Shining Armor!

"Topaz? Is that really you?" Kaori asked him. "Quartz? Pearl?" He turned to face them. "It's...really you!" "But....I thought you got turned to stone along with everyone else!" "I thought the same about you!" "Umm sorry to interrupt your little reunion, but you care to explain how you two know each other?" Natsu intervened. "Well....let's head somewhere else and I'll explain." He said.

"So....my name is Topaz and I'm a Crystalline Knight in training." He explained. "Knight?" Aika asked. "Knights are the ones who are in charge of defending the Crystalline Kingdom." Kaori explained. "But they all got turned to stone, except for him. But how?" "Well the thing is, I actually left the Crystalline Kingdom before Moonstone attacked. I was trying to look for you as you went missing right then and there. I returned to the Crystalline Kingdom to see two of the Crystal Lights missing. The energy I received from them told me, that you and Pearl were both on Earth. So I came all the way to find you guys."

"Wow! What a story that was!" Momoka sighed. "Thanks." "Well anyways, a lot happened that I've got to catch you up on." She explained to him how she had been tricked by Moonstone and brainwashed to become evil, was then purified by the Pretty Cure who Pearl found and became a Pretty Cure herself. "Wow, that story's even crazier than mine!" He exclaimed. "So....I think the question is what do we do now?" Akari asked. "She's right. Obsidian and Onyx managed to escape with the Double Dark Sparkle and the Crystal Light." Aika agreed.

"That's true but they didn't defeat us yet, so they're probably going to come back to do just that. So we can figure it out then." said Natsu. "Yeah, that's a good idea." Akari agreed.

Back in Moonstone's lair, Obsidian and Onyx stood with their Double Dark Sparkle trying to figure out what to do. "We were so close to winning, but then he just appeared out of nowhere!" Obsidian complained. "Yeah. We've got to defeat him and the others in Moonstone's orders." Onyx agreed. "Let's go back, shall we?"

The girls including Topaz decided to stay and watch the fireworks while waiting for Obsidian and Onyx to come back. "This is so cool!" Pearl exclaimed. "I can agree. We don't have anything like this in the Crystalline Kingdom." said Topaz. "They're like flowers blooming into the sky." said Kaori. "You're right, Quartz" "Kaori. My human name is Kaori." "Oh okay, Kaori. That's a really pretty name." He complimented. "Thanks." Kaori blushed a little. "Natsu came up with it." "Yeah..." Natsu sighed.

Just then, there was a loud crash. They have returned just as they figured they would. "Wow, we didn't even have to look for you guys!" said Obsidian. "We'll win this time and that's for sure! Let's go, girls!"

Group Transformation Sequence
"Sparkle! Pretty Cure Crystallization!" All five girls chanted out.
"The bright shine of love! Cure Crystal!"
"The flourishing light of life! Cure Misty!"
"The warmth of the gentle breeze! Cure Hazel!"
"The steel jewel of determination! Cure Ruby!"
"The crystal clear light in the dark! Cure Quartz!"
"We are the sparkling lights that shall return the sparkle of your hearts! We are the Crystal Lights Precure!"

Topaz gazed in awe at them. "So those are the Pretty Cure." He said. "Defeat them, Dark Sparkle!" Onyx ordered. It did just that and the cures were ready. They came at it with all they got. But despite all they did, they kept getting knocked down again. "Man....it really is stronger than usual." Ruby muttered under her breath. Topaz could hardly even look at all this. He couldn't stand to see innocent people hurt, especially the ones he loves. Kaori was the one who saved him from the people he called his family.

As these memories flashed in his mind, his determination grew. He took out his sword and slashed the Dark Sparkle just like before. "Well, look who decided to show up." Obsidian sneered. "You better leave them alone or you'll be sorry. I swear on my life that I will protect them no matter what!" "You talk a lot of big talk for a knight in training." Onyx sighed. "Get him!" Topaz continued his fight. The cures eventually joined in the fight. "It's just as he said. Topaz came all this way to find me and Pearl. He cared about us that much to not leave us behind." Quartz retorted.

"WE WONT LET YOU STAMP OUT HIS KINDNESS!" They all shouted together. At that moment, Topaz's sword and the cures lockets resonated with each other. The cures normal weapons were transformed into swords just like Topaz's. "Topaz combined his power with your power!" Pearl exclaimed. "Let's go, girls!" said Crystal.

Group Attack Sequence
The cures grabbed ahold of their newly transformed swords. They used the swords to transform themselves into a knightly upgrade to their cure forms and gained knight like armor like Topaz. "Crystal Knights in Shining Armor!" They held their swords up high. "The power of these shining warriors shall return the sparkle of your heart!" Pretty Cure! Shining Crystalline Cavalry!" They slashed at the Dark Sparkle one by one with their swords and trapped in a large sparkly loop. "I'm sparkling....."

"Wha?! How did they?!" "Don't worry about it, Obsidian." He said as they both disappeared, accidentally leaving behind the Crystal Light. Topaz grabbed the Crystal Light and returned it in the Gem Track. "Just one more left." He said. He turned back to the others and immediately gave Kaori a hug. "Thank you, Kaori." "Why are you thanking me?" "I don't know. I just felt like saying it." "Geez." She sighed. The others laughed.

This was yet another new start for the cures and they were willing to face it at full.