Chapter 28~ Worried Momoka! Aika and Momoka's Strong Bond!

Momoka went through most of her life with the mindset of having to act like everyone else so she can fit in and be respected, despite the fact that she was deaf. But ever since meeting Aika and the others, she was proven wrong. She was finally free to truly be herself and not have to fear of being ridiculed. Therefore, she is extremely loyal to her friends and is willing to do anything to support them.

It was another day and Momoka was getting ready for school. She headed to the locker room expecting to see her friends waiting for her. But today, it was just Natsu and Akari. "Hey, Natsu! Hey, Akari!" They turned from their conversation to greet Momoka. "Morning, Momoka!" "Where's Aika?" She asked. The girls shrugged. "I don't know. We haven't seen her today." "That's weird. Maybe she took a sick day or something." "Well, we should get to class." Natsu suggested.

Lunchtime came and Aika still hadn't appeared. Momoka got up and decided to look for her. She found her huddled at the other side of the roof, looking very gloomy. Momoka immediately rushed to her side. "Aika, there you are!" Aika looked up and saw her. "Oh hey, Momoka." "What's wrong, Aika?" Her face fell low. "It's okay. You can tell me. I promise I'll listen." "Well....to get straight to the point, I found out yesterday that....my legs weren't damaged in a motorcycle accident!"

"Wait what?" Aika explained how she had been tricked into dating a boy seven years ago and was pushed from the roof causing her to damage her legs. "Oh my god! That's horrible! So your parents lied to you all this time?!" Momoka exclaimed. "Yeah. I had lost my memory of this experience and so they lied to me about this cause they didn't want this to traumatize me. I really wish they just told me the truth right off the bat." She hid her face in her knees again, on the verge of tears.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear all this. Those two should be sent straight to hell for what they did to you." She tried to comfort her. "Please don't get involved with this. I don't want to make this worse or even risk it happening again." "Don't worry, I won't do anything against them. But I'll do what I can to be there for you no matter what. Your my friend after all and you mean the world to me." She let out a smile as she sniffled. "Thanks, Momoka. I'm happy to have you as my friend too."

They hugged and Aika immediately started feeling better. Momoka stayed by her side until lunch was over and they both headed back to class. Momoka was happy to have put a smile on her friend's face in a dark time. As she was heading to her locker, she ran into the same girl Aika told her about. "So you must be Aika's girlfriend." She teased. Momoka blushed slightly, but quickly shook it off.  "Don't you dare come near me or her again. You hear me?" She threatened her.

"Says a lot from the deaf little coward over here." She sneered. Momoka felt memories rush back to her. It's like what people used to call her in the past. She felt enraged. "OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT?! WHY DONT YOU JUST BACK OFF AND TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU'D WANT TO BE TREATED?!" She snapped. Everyone in the hallway stopped and turned to her. The girl went silent. In embarrassment, Momoka quickly fled. "Great going, Momoka. Aika literally told you to stay out of this and look what you did."

Some time later, Onyx suddenly appeared to face off Momoka. "Now's our time, Cure Hazel. Time for your defeat!" Momoka may have been alone, but she wasn't going to give up. She took out her locket and transformed. "The warmth of the gentle breeze! Cure Hazel!" She fought with all her might. But as she was alone with a Double Dark Sparkle, she was beat down easily. Over and over she was knocked down. When she fell to the floor once more, one of her hearing aids fell out of her ears. "Take a look at that. That just shows that you're a freak. A good for nothing freak!" His words ringed through her mind as she felt memories rush back to her.

Flashback
Little Momoka sat at lunch all alone as she had no friends. Everyone in her year knew she was deaf, so no one would be seen dead with her. As she was sitting alone, a group of girls looked over at her and laughed. "Aww the little loser's sitting all alone, poor girl! Let's give her some company." They walked over to her and threw their trash at her. "Want some extra food, loser! Oh wait, she's deaf. She can't hear us. We can talk trash about her all we want. See you, freak!"

"You know what, maybe I am a freak, maybe I am loser. But I don't care! I'd rather be myself than act like everyone else to get a bunch of fake friends who hardly care about me. I've learned to truly be myself and I've made real friends who are there for me no matter what! So what if I'm deaf! It may make me a freak but it also makes me unique! And I won't let anyone try change me anymore!" This determination caused her power to rise and allow her to summon her sword and transform into her knightly form.

As the fun times she had with her friends and Aika's smiling face flashed through her mind, she only fought more and more, weakening it in no time. "Pretty Cure! Sparkling Windy Blast!" She purified it and she carried on back home. She returned home to be greeted by a picture of her and her friends out camping. She turned to see another of her and Aika in their tent and she smiled while blushing. She couldn't express how much she loved her friends.