Chapter 30~ Natsu's Memories! Why Do I Work So Hard?

It was another typical Sunday afternoon. Natsu's mom was out at work and Asuka had her boyfriend over again. She had just finished the last of her homework she wanted to complete before going back to school tomorrow. She looked over and saw the book she checked out at the library Akari took her to the other day. It was the same book her father read to her and her sister when they were little.

She opened it up and turned to the first fairytale, Snow White and the seven dwarfs. She remembered how much she loved these stories. After reading a few of the fairytales, she decided to revisit the old library again. She left her book at home as she didn't have to return it for two weeks and headed to the library. She had flashbacks of holding her fathers hand as they walked to the library. She stepped inside and felt a wave of nostalgia hit her. It hasn't changed at all from what she remembered.

It was still the same quaint and cozy place as she remembered. She saw the very same sofa she sat on as her father read her all those stories. She sat on it and felt that same comforting sensation. She felt more flashbacks returning to her.

Flashback
Little Natsu and her older sister Asuka sat on the sofa listening to their father reading from their favorite fairytale book. "And they all lived happily ever after." He finished. "Yay! A happy ending!" Natsu exclaimed. "That's right." He smiled as he closed the book. "Daddy? How do people come up with stuff like this?" Little Asuka asked. "Well, it all comes from their imagination. Authors use their imagination to create stories like this." He explained. He stood up from the sofa. "It's been my dream for so long to create such stories and share them with the world."

She remembered how hard he work with his job and for his dream, that began to overwork himself to an extreme. It led to him becoming extremely sick and having to go to the hospital where he was diagnosed with a heart disease. He had been fighting his heart disease so hard to try and stay alive for his family, but he couldn't make it in the end. She still remembered the heartbreaking day when they visited him the hospital as he died right in front of them.

Flashback
"Daddy! You're going to get better, aren't you?" Natsu asked him. "I'm sorry sweetie.....but I'm afraid I won't make it." He responded, weakly. "I'll be leaving you and I won't be coming back this time." Natsu began to cry. "But, daddy! I don't want you to go! Please! Don't leave!" He reached up to touch Natsu's cheek. "Baby, I love you so much. Even if I would be physically here, I'll always be waiting over you from up above." He looked back to the others. He felt his end was drawing near. "My beloved wife....and my lovely daughters....Asuka and Natsu.....I love you all....so much." His hand fell from Natsu's cheek as he died. "Daddy?" She shook him, trying to wake him up. "Daddy? Daddy!" She cried.

Natsu felt tears to her eyes remembering such memories. She suddenly didn't want to stay in the library any longer and left. But as she was on her way home, she ran into none other than Obsidian. "Well well, didn't think I'd see you here all alone." He turned to reveal a Double Dark Sparkle behind. "Ready for your defeat, Cure Crystal?" Natsu took out her locket and transformed. "The bright shine of love! Cure Crystal!" She was fighting on her own, just like back then. Only this time, the Dark Sparkle was much more powerful and was easily weakened.

It was too much even for her to handle alone, but she wasn't going to give up. She wasn't going to let them see that she was weak. But the more she got back up, she was knocked right back down. Obsidian laughed at her. "Is that seriously all you got? You're their leader and you're this weak? Pathetic!" Weak. She's heard that word plenty of times before. She used to be very shy and timid as a kid so she was often made fun of for it. They made fun of her for being shy and constantly called her a weakling who will never amount to anything.

Seeing all these strong and confident characters in her favorite stories made her aspire to be just like them. Her father died trying to achieve his dream and never got to achieve it in the end. She had decided that she was going to achieve her father's dream of creating her own stories and sharing them with the world. She would work hard every day and focused a lot on her studies. She didn't have any friends in school and didn't socialize with anyone as she was too focused on her hard work. She would often forget to enjoy herself aside from her books.

Meeting her new friends and reuniting with her old one is what caused things to change for her. She learned to enjoy herself and to move on from her grief. "You know what? You might see this as weakness, but I see this as strength. I've been working hard all this time to achieve my father's dream that I've forgotten what truly made me happy. My friends and family are always there to lift me up when I'm down. I was able to keep going all this time because of them and it's made me a whole lot stronger." Her power began to rise.

"So I suggest you rephrase that. I am not weak.....I AM STRONG IN MY VERY OWN WAY!" Her had transformed into her knightly form and fought against the Double Dark Sparkle. She fought with the very strength she never thought she had. She weakened it within no time at all. "Pretty Cure! Sparkling Light Blast!" She purified it with her very own strength. Obsidian looked at her and sneered. "This isn't over, Pretty Cure." He disappeared and things returned to normal.

As Natsu began to head back home, she looked up towards the sky. "I promise that I will achieve your dream, dad." She thought to herself. "But I'm going to live my life to its fullest at the same time. I hope you understand." As she left, her fathers face appeared in the sky. "I understand well, my daughter."