Chapter 10~ No Way! Akari's Dad Has A Girlfriend?!

Things have gotten better for Akari ever since she moved back to Kagakira. Not only was she reunited with her childhood friend, she also made new ones. On top of all that, she became a Pretty Cure along with her friends. It felt so nice to live a day without her parents constant bickering and endless amount of housework. Akari's dad has always felt happier since the divorce, but he seems to be a lot happier now and Akari didn't know why.

Akari was extremely exhausted after school that day as she had three tests all in one day. "Hey, Akari. How was school?" Her dad called from the living room. "Exhausting, but otherwise fine." She took off her shoes and headed to the living room. She stopped dead in her tracks when she arrived. She saw her dad with another woman right there on the couch. "Uh, dad? Who is that?" "Oh, I haven't introduced you to her yet. Akari, this is my girlfriend, Yui." Akari didn't know what to say, so she just awkwardly waved. "I'm going to get a snack."

She left with a snack and fled to her room. She slammed the door shut and laid on her bed. She couldn't believe it. Her own dad had a girlfriend and she didn't know about it til now. There was no way she was going to accept this after he just been through a divorce. A few hours later after Yui went home, Akari approached her father. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this sooner." He apologized. "Why are you doing this again? You know what happened last time, so why are you doing this again?"

"Akari, I know it's hard for you, but we need to move on from her. Trust me, Yui's a wonderful person who will treat you well." "That's what happened last time. I don't want you to get heartbroken again." "Akari, please just give her a chance. You might be surprised  at how great she really is." "Okay, fine." Akari walked to school in a bad mood. The others noticed and tried to comfort her. "Hey, Akari? What's wrong?" Natsu asked. "What do you mean?" "You're just not your usual self today. Is anything wrong?" Momoka asked.

"Well, the thing is my dad has a new girlfriend." "Really! That's awesome!" Aika gushed. "No it's not! I don't trust this Yui girl at all! My dad's been broken down already, I don't want him to break even more." "Akari, how can you be certain that Yui is like your mother." "How do I know? It's common sense." "Have you even talked to her?" "Well, not really." "Akari, you shouldn't judge someone based on what happened in the past. The past is in the past. You should at least give her a chance before anything else." Aika explained.

"She's right you know." said Natsu. "It's like what they always say. Don't judge a book by its cover." Akari thought about it and realized they were right. She hadn't properly interacted with her yet or even gotten to know her at all. "Alright then. I guess that's where I should start. Thanks you guys!" Akari had made up her mind after school to talk to her as she knew she would be there. She arrived home after a long day of school and looked around the house.

There was no one home. That was weird because her dad had said that she would be home. She looked all over the house, but sure enough no one was home. That's when she remembered the backyard. She ran to the backyard to come across a horrifying sight. Yui lay on the floor, with her sparkle removed from her. "Oh you have gotta be kidding me." Sure enough there was a Dark Sparkle in front of her with Quartzite standing next to it. "Look at that! I lured another Pretty Cure by herself!" Quartzite snickered. "Just a Dark Sparkle this time? Whatever, your going down!"

She took out her locket and transformed. "The steel jewel of determination! Cure Ruby!" "About time, get her Dark Sparkle." She quickly dodged its first blow and the second. She couldn't keep it up for long though. She got knocked down and found herself struggling to get up. "Not giving up are you?" "No way in hell am I giving up!" "But I thought you hated her. Why are you still fighting it?" She didn't know how she knew about that, but she didn't care. "I didn't hate her, I was just didn't trust her after what happened in the past. I didn't even try to get to know her. But I want to give her a chance and maybe my view on her will change. Therefore, I'm going to fight and win!"

Attack Sequence
Akari taps her locket and her baton appears before her eyes. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She grabs a hold of it and begins to twirl it swiftly and surely. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Sparkling Jewel Catch!" She threw her baton and trapped the Dark Sparkle into a red sparkly loop. "I'm sparkling....."

"Ugh, not again! Just you wait!" She disappeared in a fury. She de-transformed just in time for Yui to regain her sparkle. "Akari? What happened?" She asked. "Oh...you just passed out in the backyard." Akari stuttered out. "I see. Look Akari..." "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for I've acted towards you. It's just that, we've been through a lot after the divorce. My mom has treated dad awfully in the past and I was scared of it happening again. I was so upset, that I even began to dislike you when I didn't even try to get to know you. I'm sorry. So sorry."

"Akari...you don't need to apologize. I completely understand. Your father had told me about this a long time ago and I've felt awful about it. But I swear on my word that I will give you and your father the love you both deserve." "You...really mean it.." "Of course!" She said no more as she gave her a hug, tears falling from her eyes. "I guess they were right. You can't judge a book by its cover. And I think I'm going to like this book."