Chapter 19~ Akari's New Stepsister?! An Understanding Heart!

Akari was in a good mood that day. She couldn't wait for the school day to be over. She found herself staring intensely at the clock. "Geez, Akari! How come you're so anxious to get home?" Natsu asked. "Dad's girlfriend is coming over and she's bringing a special surprise." Akari responded. "Wow. You seem to be a lot more positive about her than before." said Aika. "Yeah. You guys were right. She was actually really cool once I got to know her. I must say that I really like her so far."

The end of the day finally came and Akari sped on home. She arrived home to be faced by her father. "Hey, dad!" "Hey sweetie, how was school?" "Okay I guess. Is Yui here?" He didn't need to say anything as she appeared right there. "Hey, Akari. Nice to see you again." She greeted her. "Same to you." "Now then, I've brought someone over I'd like you to meet." A girl with brown hair in a messy ponytail appeared before her. "Akari, meet Iroha. Iroha, meet Akari." Iroha looked at Akari. She didn't look too much younger than she was. "Hi, Iroha." She simply looked at her and waved at her.

"She's me and my previous husband's daughter. He died a year ago, so Iroha's a bit shy around you guys at the moment." "I'll do what I can." said Akari. The whole day though, Akari was unable to even interact with Iroha. "I appreciate your effort, Akari. But it's going to take some time for her to properly open up. But I'm sure she will eventually." The next day at school, she explained the situation to the others. "So she's a bit shy to talk to you? You know, she's a lot like me. I was also very distant with people after dad died."

"I guess it's typical with kids who lost a parent." said Aika. "Yeah, your right." Momoka agreed. "Maybe I could try to talk to her about that. Maybe give her some insight based on my own experiences." "That's a good idea." said Kaori. But as the days went on, Akari was still unsuccessful in trying to interact with Iroha. "Geez, I thought Natsu was shy. Wait, I have an idea!" She slowly approached Iroha as she was reading a book. "She really is like Natsu." Akari thought to herself. "What are you reading there, Iroha?"

She looked up, nervously. "It's just.....a book dad gave me.....a bit before he died." She sat next to her and smiled. "You know, you remind me a lot of a friend of mine. She also lost her dad when she was not much younger than you." Iroha looked back to her. "It was really hard for her as she was very close with her father and loved him dearly. She was also very distant with people just like you and preferred to be by herself. But as she made new friends and started interacting with others, she was able to learn to overcome her loss. And she's still carrying on like a champ. I really admire that side of her."

"Do you think, I could be like that?" She asked. "Of course you can! It all starts with opening up with us! I know it's not easy to accept change. It was hard for me to accept your mother, but with time I was able to. I'm sure you can too!" She held out her hand to Iroha. "Why don't we go outside and meet with the others?" She smiled and accepted. Just as the two of them headed outside, Iroha collapsed. "Iroha! What's wrong?!" She figured out what. Her inner sparkle had been taken. She looked up and saw Obsidian. "Capture the light, Dark Sparkle!"

A Dark Sparkle appeared shortly afterwards. "Of all people, Obsidian! You're going to pay!" She yelled as she took out her locket.

Transformation Sequence
Akari opens the locket and waves it with her hand. "Sparkle! Pretty Cure Crystallization!" A light arises from the locket as she twirls it with her finger. She is surrounded by millions of sparkling jewels with create her armbands along with her boots and then her dress. Her hair is styled into a high ponytail and turns pink with a red fade in it. She lands on top of a jewel in a fancy style. "The steel jewel of determination! Cure Ruby!"

"Looks like we just have you today." Obsidian sneered. "Whatever, just give Iroha back!" She charged towards it, but got pushed back. "What's the point? She's not even worth it!" "Not worth it?! Are you out of your mind?! She's more than worth it! She's been through a lot and I won't let it go to waste!" "So? We have too." Ruby wasn't listening as she already got back on her feet and charged right back at it. She gave it a good kick which sent it back. Eventually she weakened enough, to be able to purify it.

Attack Sequence
Akari taps her locket and her baton appears before her eyes. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She grabs a hold of it and begins to twirl it swiftly and surely. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Sparkling Jewel Catch!" She threw her baton and trapped the Dark Sparkle into a red sparkly loop. "I'm sparkling....."

After everything returned to normal, they proceeded to head to the backyard for dinner. "Who's ready for some lunch!" Akari's dad called out. "It's dinner, dad!" Akari sighed. "I know! It's a joke!" "That's a terrible joke!" Iroha giggled. "Dad wasn't good at telling jokes either." Akari smiled. "I'm proud of you for trying." She said to her. "Now then, me and Yui have some news for you guys. You both know that we've been dating for quite some time and I'm happy to announce that we are now engaged."

"Really?! That means....you'll be my new mom and you'll be my sister?!" She exclaimed. "That's right." said Yui. She turned and smiled at Iroha. She gave her a big hug. "Nice to meet you, little sis!" "Same to you, big sis!"