Chapter 20~ Off to the Beach! The Start of Summer Vacation!

Weeks passed and the school had officially ended and summer vacation officially began. As this was the cures first summer all together, it was going to be one to remember. The girls all met up at Natsu's house to plan out what they'll be doing during the summer.

"So...what is summer vacation anyway?" Kaori asked. "Well....summer itself is a season of the year when the weather is very warm and when the school year is over, we get the whole summer off from school." Natsu explained. "And we'll get to do a bunch of fun stuff like swimming, eating ice cream, festivals, and even more!" Momoka added. "That sounds like fun!" Pearl exclaimed. "I have an idea! We should go to the beach!" Akari suggested. "Ooh! That's a great idea!" Aika agreed. "Yeah it does....but the closet beach is very faraway from Kagakira." said Natsu.

"That's not a problem! You can just use the Gem Track!" said Pearl. "The Gem Track?" "The Gem Track can be used for more than just teleporting Crystal Lights. You can also teleport yourself to different places!" "Really! Why didn't you tell us that before?" Akari asked. "I don't know. I guess I forgot." The girls sighed. "She is a kid, what do you expect." said Kaori. "I am not a kid! I turned eight a few months ago!" "Well, let's get going then!" Natsu exclaimed. "Right now?!" "Yeah. Kaori did say we can teleport with the Gem Track."

After some preparation, the girls teleported to the beach using the Gem Track. "We're here!" Momoka exclaimed. Kaori and Pearl stared in awe at the ocean and bright golden sand. They've never seen anything like it before. Pearl had reverted into her human form so she can enjoy the beach just the same. "This place is so cool!" Pearl exclaimed. She ran off to the ocean and stepped one foot into the water. "Eek! It's cold!" She gasped. "Yeah, the waters cold so it'll take you a while to get used to it!" said Akari. "Let's get into the water!" Momoka exclaimed as she took her clothes off to reveal her swimsuit.

The others did the same and they hopped into the water with the exception of Kaori, who just watched the others from afar. She wasn't willing to swim just yet and would rather watch the others have fun. She saw Natsu and Akari racing each other and Aika and Momoka playing with Pearl in the water. "They're all having lots of fun." thought Kaori. "Even Pearl was willing to take the risk." After a few minutes of swimming, they got out and started playing in the sand. Pearl was making drawings in the sand and drew herself in her fairy form.

"Look sis! It's me as a fairy!" She said to Kaori. "That's really cute, Pearl." She smiled. "You join too!" She handed Kaori a stick and she joined in. She drew a smiley face in the sand representing her with the others. "You're having a lot of fun with them, aren't you?" Pearl asked. "Of course I am. They accepted despite my history with them and treat me as a friend. I love them very much." "I'm happy to see that you're being more honest with yourself." "Yeah."

Aika and Momoka made sand castles together. "Your castle is really cute, Momoka!" Aika exclaimed. "Thanks, Aika. Yours is.....Omg! How did you make that?!" Momoka exclaimed. "I guess I just put more work into this." She responded. "Your unbelievable, Aika." Momoka gushed. Akari and Natsu were racing each other on the beach. "Come on, Natsu! You can do better than that!" Akari called. "I'm doing the best I can!" She panted from behind. "Geez, how are you so fast?!" "I was on the soccer team at my old school, remember? But just because you weren't in any sports, doesn't mean you can give up here!"

"Hey! Get back here, Akari!" She shouted as she ran after her. Many hours passed and the girls had so much fun together. But just as they were about to call it a day, a wave suddenly appeared and a whale Dark Sparkle. "What a lovely day it is today!" said Onyx. "A lovely day to defeat the Pretty Cure!" "Not on our watch!" Natsu exclaimed. "Let's go, girls!"

Group Transformation Sequence
"Sparkle! Pretty Cure Crystallization!" All five girls chanted out.
"The bright shine of love! Cure Crystal!"
"The flourishing light of life! Cure Misty!"
"The warmth of the gentle breeze! Cure Hazel!"
"The steel jewel of determination! Cure Ruby!"
"The crystal clear light in the dark! Cure Quartz!"
"We are the sparkling lights that shall return the sparkle of your hearts! We are the Crystal Lights Precure!"

Crystal led the cures and the fight began. When they tried to approach the Dark Sparkle, it sent a wave and it crashed down on them. They kept trying to approach it, but they kept getting swept away. "I have an idea!" Misty exclaimed. She jumped up and attacked the Dark Sparkle from above where the waves couldn't reach her. "Good work, Misty!" Hazel praised her. They continued attacking from behind until they managed to weaken it. "Go for it, Hazel!" Crystal exclaimed. "Got it!"

Attack Sequence
Momoka taps her locket and a sparkly yellow light takes the form of her baton. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She twirls her baton and creates a ring of light. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure!  Sparkling Windy Catch!" She threw her baton and traps the Dark Sparkle in a sparkly yellow ring. "I'm sparkling....."

After all was done, the girls left the beach, but didn't go straight home. They decided to go to an Okamoniyaki restaurant for dinner. Kaori and Pearl both tried it and their faces lit up. "Mmm! This is so good!" Pearl exclaimed. "Yeah. It's pretty good." said Kaori. "So, did you guys have fun today?" Natsu asked. "Oh yes! I had so much fun!" Pearl replied, excitedly. "Yeah. I had fun too." Kaori admitted. "I have to admit, life on Earth is pretty fun. And I've had a lot of with you guys so far."

"I'm glad you guys had fun! But this is just the beginning! There's a lot more we have left to do!" They ended the day, discussing their plans on what to do next. Kaori was excited to see what was next for her and her new friends this summer.