Chapter 21~ Tatsuya Has a Crush?! Pearl and Tatsuya Meet!

Aika's parents had to go on another business trip, which meant Aika had to watch her little brother again. Even if they have had a better relationship as of recently, they still didn't get along all that well. But Aika had an idea. She texted her friends and asked them if they wanted to help her watch him. Momoka however had a doctors appointment that day and Akari had to stay home to help prepare for the upcoming wedding. But Natsu and Kaori both agreed. They decided to bring Pearl along too so she could interact with Tatsuya.

They soon arrived at Aika's house and knocked on the door. "Hey, guys!" She greeted. She let them inside and called for Tatsuya. "What do you want, sis?" He asked. "Tatsuya, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Natsu and Kaori moved over to reveal Pearl in her human form. "This is my friend's little sister, Pearl!" She looked over at him and smiled. "And Pearl, this is my younger brother, Tatsuya!" She ran over to him. "Nice to meet you, Tatsuya!" She greeted him. He took one look at Pearl and immediately felt himself blushing.

"Uh....hi....nice to meet you." He stuttered, nervously. The others noticed this and immediately started grinning. Not much later, Tatsuya was playing video games, when Pearl sat next to him. "What are you doing?" She asked. He jumped back in surprise. "I'm....just playing a game." He responded. "A game? What's that?" "It's....here....I'll show you." He demonstrated to her how games work and she even tried it out. The others watched the two of them bond and gushed over their cuteness.

"This is just so cute!" Natsu gushed. "I know right? Tatsuya's never had feelings for anyone before! So seeing this is just adorable!" Kaori simply glared at them. "Humans." She sighed. Lunchtime game and the two of them ate pizza together with the others. "This pizza is so good!" Pearl gushed. Tatsuya looked over at her and blushed again. "Yeah. It's my favorite." He responded. "Hey! What do you say if we go out on a walk after lunch?" Aika suggested. "Yes! I'd love too!" Pearl exclaimed. "Yeah...me too." said Tatsuya.

And so, they all went out on their walk, mainly walking behind so Pearl and Tatsuya can interact on their own. They arrived at the Kagakira local park and let the two of them play together. Pearl had never been to a park before, so she didn't know what to do. "What's wrong?" He asked. "It's just....that I've never been to a park before. I don't know what to do." She replied. Tatsuya was surprised at this, but knew what to do. Hesitantly, he took her hand and led her to the swings. She felt herself blush, but follow him. "Just sit down on the swing and wait and see what happens next." Pearl did as he said and waited.

He then pushed her higher on the swing. "Now you just swing your legs as I push you and that's all their is to it." He said. Pearl started swinging her legs and eventually started smiling. She never experienced anything as fun as this before. Tatsuya showed her the other wonders of the park too from slides, seesaws, monkey bars, sandboxes, etc. The two of them were having so much fun together, they didn't want it to end. After some time of playing, Tatsuya led Pearl into a small clearing outside the park. He couldn't deny that he had feelings for her and needed to let it out to her.

"Tatsuya? Why are we here?" She asked, in curiosity. "Well....uh...I have....something to tell you." "That will have to wait!" Obsidian suddenly appeared and stole Tatsuya's inner sparkle. "Tatsuya-kun!" Pearl exclaimed. He darkened his sparkle and turned into a Dark Sparkle. "Finally got the little fairy all alone and powerless." He sneered. Pearl realized that none of the other cures weren't with her. She was completely powerless against him. She didn't know what to do. She tried to grab Tatsuya and carry him back to warn the others, but he was too heavy for her. "Trying to save your little boyfriend?"

The Dark Sparkle chased after her and hit a hard blow on her, seriously injuring her and Tatsuya. "Tatsuya....I can't give up on you. I have to stay strong, just like big sis." She muttered underneath her breath. "Strong? Please, you're nowhere near strong!" He laughed at her. "I mean. Just look at how weak you are." Pearl tried to ignore it, but she could hardly help it. She was just a kid after all. "I am not weak." She muttered. "I am strong!" Obsidian rolled his eyes. "Well, let's see about that. Finish her, Dark Sparkle!"

Just as the Dark Sparkle was about to stomp on Pearl and Tatsuya, it was suddenly slashed back. Pearl looked up, assuming it was the cures. But to her surprise, it wasn't any of the cures. It was someone she didn't recognize. It was a boy carrying a large sword and wearing armor. Before he could do anything else, he quickly fled away as the cures appeared right then. "Pearl?! Are you okay?!" They rushed to her side. "Yeah...I'm okay. Tatsuya-kun got his sparkle taken away though." "Not again." Misty sighed. "Now you're really going to pay for trying to hurt the two of them!" Crystal shouted at them. After some fighting, the Dark Sparkle was finally weakened. "Now, Misty!" Crystal exclaimed.

Attack Sequence
Aika taps her locket and a green light appears. It takes the form of a baton just like Natsu's. "Sparkle Star Baton!" She began to twirl it with her hand and creates a light. "Let the power of light return your sparkle! Pretty Cure! Sparkling Flower Catch!" She threw her baton at the monster, trapping it a green loop. "I'm sparkling....." it says as its purified.

"Come on! And I was so close too!" Obsidian complained. Everything quickly returned to normal, including Tatsuya with his regained sparkle. The girls took them back home to rest as they were quite injured. Tatsuya awoke after a while and found himself on the couch along with Pearl. "Wh...what just happened?" He asked. "I don't know. You just suddenly passed out when we were in the clearing. I was really worried about you." She responded. "Oh yeah! I said before that I needed to tell you something!" "What is it?" "Well....you see....the thing is....I...I...I." "He likes you." Aika finished. "Aika!" He exclaimed.

"You like me?" She asked. Tatsuya blushed and simply nodded in embarrassment. She slowly started to smile and scooted closer to him. "You know, Tatsuya-kun. I actually....like you too. You are a very sweet and kind guy. Therefore, I like you a lot!" She blushed as she kissed him on the cheek. Tatsuya was blushing like never before now. He felt like we was about to completely explode to how flustered he was. "Awww. Pearl and Tatsuya sitting in a tree! K.I.S.S..." "Don't even start, Aika!" He shouted.

"They are so cute together, don't you think so Kaori?" Natsu asked. "Yeah, they are. But you two are overreacting a little." She said. "You're only saying that cause you never experienced love." Kaori's face fell low. "Nevermind." She muttered out. Her mind immediately went back to him. She hoped he was doing okay, along with the others.